Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Self-powering Generator?
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . >>
Anonymous
# Posted: 21 Mar 2013 11:37

The Marine industry has been making some ground on the cheap generation of electricity.

http://www.max-power.com/Products/Marine-Fuel-Cell/Range.html

It's a hydrogen fuel cell that produces electricity, problem is the technology is not cheap.

Anonymous
# Posted: 21 Mar 2013 23:32

what im saying is like dead space 3

Anonymous
# Posted: 22 Mar 2013 00:00

here is an exercise to demonstrate the concept:

take a bike - any bike - turn it upside down so that it rests on seat and handlebar - just as when we were much younger

then

with your hand - doesn't matter which - get the front wheel turning as fast as possible - then observe

what happens?

the wheel SLOWS DOWN, the stops

doesn't matter how fast the wheel is turned initially, the tire pressure or even presence of a tire - the wheel will stop rotating.

ya see, in order to achieve a machine that continues to run, one must first overcome the inherent frictional losses - primarily in this instance bearings and air resistance.

then, one must somehow ensure that more energy is available as OUTPUT than was originally INPUT

next, devise a transmission that at the very least avoids all parasitic losses - friction, again

then, devise a generating devise that not only creates more output energy than input, but does so unto eternity, or some mechanical breakdown.

if you can accomplish ANY of these requirements, then you shall be more recognized throughout history than Einstein, Newton, Watts, Pascal, et al

Good luck.

igor

Anonymous
# Posted: 22 Mar 2013 00:06

i mean the magnets pull a pice of metle wich performs like a water wheel

Anonymous
# Posted: 22 Mar 2013 00:11

or simalar to wind or dam produced energy but has no actual input

Anonymous
# Posted: 22 Mar 2013 00:12

actuly more like a crank

Anonymous
# Posted: 22 Mar 2013 00:15

now if someone has any beter ideas im all up for it but until then were geting noware

Anonymous
# Posted: 22 Mar 2013 00:39

Just build the damn thing and show us that it works THEN we'll all believe you and you'll get filthy rich. Or maybe Big Business will have you killed. If you aren't sure about whether it will work or not the death threat thing gives you an out.

Knight08KR
# Posted: 23 Oct 2013 07:58

I have created a simple setup containing 2 electric motors that produces more than it takes to run it. I need two diodes, but otherwise, I can connect a rechargeable battery and have it charge the battery faster than it depletes it. It can take a 3.2v input on the bigger motor, and output 4.8v on the smaller motor. I made a smaller setup that created 0.3v more than it inputed to be able to sustain itself, and it did.

Knight08KR
# Posted: 23 Oct 2013 07:59

This technology is possible.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 23 Oct 2013 09:04

Quoting: MDP2004
I am sure this "bright idea" has already been tried or maybe not?

Why can't we just develop a generator that will run by itself using electric running and running for as long as you need power? Electric motor running the generator and generator feeding the electric to electric motor and to the house??

Or did I confuse anyone?

Perpetual motion, it would work if we could get rid of heat, friction and load. :D (impossible)

MtnDon
# Posted: 23 Oct 2013 09:41 - Edited by: MtnDon

Quoting: Knight08KR
It can take a 3.2v input on the bigger motor, and output 4.8v on

Volts alone means nothing. How many watts, the measure of power of what goes in and how many watts come out. And talk is cheap; let's see documented results.

Rossman
# Posted: 23 Oct 2013 12:26

Where do these people keep coming from??

I'm always blown away that people really think this stuff is possible.

razmichael
# Posted: 23 Oct 2013 12:31

Nay Sayers! I'm heading to the bank right now to re-mortgage my house so I can invest in this. In fact, I'll use my kids University fund as we will be so rich they won't need to go to University! Yah right

MtnDon
# Posted: 23 Oct 2013 13:23

Quoting: Rossman
I'm always blown away that people really think this stuff is possible.

And I'm still waiting for someone to make it work and prove it.

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 23 Oct 2013 16:38 - Edited by: silverwaterlady

LOL, I bet people thought some of Edison's ideas would never work.

Rossman
# Posted: 23 Oct 2013 16:48

Quoting: MtnDon
And I'm still waiting for someone to make it work and prove it.

So far the only people coming close are those guys operating that fusion reactor in Europe or whatever, and even they are pretty far away from that goal.

bldginsp
# Posted: 23 Oct 2013 17:58

Nicola Tesla claimed it was possible to make an electric motor that took its power from the surrounding electromagnetic field.

I'll believe it when I see it. Meanwhile, have faith in Michelle Bachman who thinks she can lower the price of gas to 1.70/gal.

Oops... She didn't get elected

Truecabin
# Posted: 24 Oct 2013 15:32

Quoting: razmichael
Nay Sayers! I'm heading to the bank right now to re-mortgage my house so I can invest in this. In fact, I'll use my kids University fund as we will be so rich they won't need to go to University! Yah right

re-morgage your house and buy it back theres your self powered money generator

all the other energy ideas work out about the same or worse

only way is to harvest it from somewhere else like Tesla idea

FullSpectrumSurvivalist
# Posted: 24 Oct 2013 18:24 - Edited by: FullSpectrumSurvivalist

Quoting: MtnDon
I doubt that's going to go anywhere fast.
PV module efficiencies are still less than 20%.
There's still no free lunch.

Not true Sir. They now have some panels around 45 percent efficient, and there is a way to further gain another possible 10 by using micro inverters that mount right by each panel.

I haven't read this whole thread yet, but decided to throw my 2c in already. The first thing I want to say is nothing is impossible, and all rules are made to be broken. Scientist call anything they can't explain impossible instead of admitting they just don't know, cause God forbid they don't know everything.

Here is a list of some things I do believe to be facts though, with facts quoted even if I originally said it:

(1) "All energy that exists is already created and is there waiting for you to use it, the trick is finding a way to harness what already exists."

(2) "Nothing makes energy, it can only be converted." Now on your end, what you are thinking is you are creating energy and energy can not surpass energy put into manufacturing it, but remember #1 above. Since you can't create energy and can only harness or convert energy, then there is no such thing as not being able to surpass energy used say via a Perpetual motion device. Notice I said there are 2 ways to get energy. Burning gas to run your Gen Set is an example of conversion of already existing energy. A solar Panel is an example of both. The Sun is converting energy as it burns, and your panel is capturing it. Now that seems free, but it isn't.

(3) "Eventually all energy is transfered", and that is why at some point no matter what you do in this world you will and have to die. I saw Perpetual motion devices mentioned, I believe they do exist and in fact even recently.

(4) "There is no such concept as free energy as they refer too it, nothing is free, and if you believe it is please show me something you think is free."

(5) Back to perpetual Motion: They say it is not possible to start one of these devices and it keep running and making more power than it uses due to the law of Physics. Remember what I said before about not being able to create energy and only to convert or capture it. A perpetual motion device needs an initial kick to start the process, much like to siphon fuel you must create pressure and then work with gravity to get the process started and continue it.

"Since you can't create energy you can only transfer or capture already existing energy, then there can be no rule saying you can not create more energy than is used to create it, it's already created and can only be transfered."

"The trick guys is finding the best way to capture and convert energy. Tesla had a way to capture it and pull it out of the air. If any of you think that because you can't go buy a Perpetual motion generator or pull energy out of the air that it's not possible or has never been done, then you are naive at how the powers to be operate in this world."

(6) "Anything is possible, if not today tomorrow." Just because you don't know how to do something doesn't mean it can't be done.

One of the biggest crimes ever in this whole worlds history is committed all the time by those in real power in this world. I am talking about the suppression of technology. Some of you need to read up on Tesla and ask yourself if the people who could of helped him do some of the things he could of done and implemented would of worked with him where would we be now. Guys you are paying and we are dependent on big oil because the powers to be are getting rich from it. If any of you don't think we could be not dependent on oil then you are not being real and truthful to yourself about where current technology is at. They don't want us to be free of big oil because if you can just yank electricity from the air they can't get paid. Tesla could do that and they saw to it we didn't get that free energy as they call it, because they could not charge us for it.

I saw mention of a 200 mpg carburetor. I don't know if they exist or not but to those who think it's not possible or can't already exist, well the joke might be on you once again. Like I said I never saw one and do not know if one exists, but what I do know is the Government never follows it's own rules and would not let you have it if it did. They would use it fully though if they where sure you wouldn't find out. I talked to an Engineer for GM once. His job was to make a carburetor get less gas mileage. If what he told me was true it is something to think about isn't it?

With all that being said, to the original poster, forget about it. There are better ways to for sure get all your energy needs and they will probably cost you less than what you are trying to do. Unless you think you are the next Tesla, then if you do go for it. I can tell you there are things in this world that do exist and that people have never patented or shown another living soul. I know because some of them I created. I could be a billionaire right now but instead I am poor. My IQ is top 5 percent of this planet. I won't do it though because I don't really care about money for one, and two it's done my way on my terms or it's not done. Some of the things I came up with is akin to selling my soul for $$$'s and I will not open that box. Pandora's box can be opened, but never closed. I have things I invented, tested and then disassembled and never again assembled after proving they work. A few of them I'm willing to sell, the more tame ones, but again only on my terms. I'm not giving them away for pennies on the $.

OP, I suggest to you you are better served doing one of the following:

(1) Just find a way to get the money to buy more storage, solar or wind power to go with your system.

(2) Look into hydro power. You could in the right place install a water wheel for instance, or you can in the right place install a hydro electric generator. A cave with year round running water would make the latter possible. That is 24/7/365 hour power all day long.

Rossman
# Posted: 24 Oct 2013 18:51

Quoting: FullSpectrumSurivalist
Tesla could do that

No, Tesla did not have a free energy machine. You need to re-read what he was all about.

Quoting: FullSpectrumSurivalist
My IQ is top 5 percent of this planet.

FullSpectrumSurvivalist
# Posted: 25 Oct 2013 02:42

No, Tesla did not have a free energy machine. You need to re-read what he was all about.

Google "nicola tesla energy from the air", and nice troll comment at the end by the way. I don't need to re read anything, I know what my research brought to the table. Believe what you will though, I don't care.

Rossman
# Posted: 25 Oct 2013 10:39

While Tesla believed he could harness energy from the air, he was never able to actually do it.

Having studied Tesla in-depth myself, I can assure you that you are misinforming yourself.

Whether you wish to remain willfully ignorant or not is a choice you can make on your own, it has no bearing on my life!

groingo
# Posted: 25 Oct 2013 22:39 - Edited by: groingo

I'll be the eternal optimist because life has taught me one important thing, "if you can dream it, it can happen" and I think things are getting very close to making such a thing happen with the rapid pace of technology for example who would have thought a 2000 watt generator could be so compact and run so efficiently with only 2 horsepower all because of someone built an inverter into it?
But what I have found is to me the most important, eliminating the need for electricity from the equation as much as possible is key.

bldginsp
# Posted: 26 Oct 2013 00:38

All the energy put into this thread could drive my 4x4 up the hill

papaye
# Posted: 9 Mar 2014 01:04

u r mouthed jawe,....

ILFE
# Posted: 9 Mar 2014 08:23 - Edited by: ILFE

Anyone wanna invest in my solar powered windmill idea?

bldginsp
# Posted: 9 Mar 2014 15:52

Quoting: ILFE
Anyone wanna invest in my solar powered windmill idea?

How's that work, ILFE? Use solar power to make a propeller spin to make wind that operates other wind turbines that make electricity?

I'm sure it will produce more power than if you just used the solar panels themselves, that is, if I understand the rest of this thread correctly.

ILFE
# Posted: 9 Mar 2014 16:34

Hey, you can't go askin' questions now. Just send us the money. We will make it work, without explanation.

It's a whole lot better than them there perpetual motion machine thingys. 100% efficient to run, of course.

Oh, to know you can trust me, without question, I'm from the government.

Don_P
# Posted: 10 Mar 2014 00:27

I'm telling you the future is in lapis philosophorum. We're turning all these empty beer cans into gold, we'll be rich. Any volunteers are welcome to come look, I have a real good feeling that it is in the garden. Please deposit the rejects in the driveway. Thank you and happy hunting .

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.