Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Redneck engineering
TomChum
# Posted: 29 Dec 2012 01:09 - Edited by: TomChum

Sometimes it's nice to be able to grill something and not dirty a pan. In the wintertime, and with no running water, a greasy fryingpan is kind of a hassle, so here are a few ways to cook on the woodstove. Note that they are ALL more of a hassle than firing up a propane grille, or washing a greasy frypan, clearly its in the interest of science and the advancement of mankind!

You can see the progression.

redneck engineering

I finally built a dedicated grill support that fits my stove.

Actually what makes this method useful is that the woodstove has a fire burning almost 24hrs a day, always ready to cook, and its inside where the family is, not outside in the cold all alone. Also if somethings in a pot on the kitchen stove I can tend to that too. Sometimes ya just gotta char something, without smoking up the cabin.

Its a good thing for a dry cabin, all the grease goes up the pipe and Im not dumping it outside to attract bears.
"salsiccia italiana piccante su due visegrips e correnti alternate - morsetto"
"salsiccia italiana piccante su due visegrips e correnti alternate - morsetto"
New grill device
New grill device
Wood-stove grill device
Wood-stove grill device

bobrok
# Posted: 29 Dec 2012 08:15

Love it! Just for the heck of it see if your new assembly works as an outdoor TV antenna. This way it'll get cleaned while not in use for cooking.

neb
# Posted: 29 Dec 2012 09:15

Pretty cool and a great idea!

wakeslayer
# Posted: 29 Dec 2012 10:27

Ingenuity at it's finest!

TomChum
# Posted: 29 Dec 2012 12:41

Quoting: bobrok
see if your new assembly works as an outdoor TV antenna.

Bob I will but you gotta post how to make a redneck TV

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.