Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Our off grid bath house in the bush.
Mo po taters
# Posted: 19 Apr 2014 09:15 - Edited by: Mo po taters

Everybody wants a shower, but personally i enjoy the relaxation of a bath.
Our bathhouse at the GoAwaycres (the name of our farm) is a completely off grid, wood fired, convection bath.
Basically we have a 200 gallon horse troff up on a 1 foot stand and a wood stove on the floor maybe 2 feet from the tub.
We then have a half inch copper pipe going from the bottom side of the
tub into the bottom of the firebox then a few coiled loops inside the stove and out the top side and back into the middle top of the tub ( so the copper is under water when the tub is full)

So this acts as a convection process where the cold water begins to sink, pulling through the bottom pipe and heat rapidly and expanding pushing it through the top pipe and back in to the bath.

It takes about an hour- hour and a half to get a got bath, but once it is hot you can keep it warm all day for the family baths.
Takes practice so you dont overheat.

Be sure here is no risk of frozen lines in the copper as a closed system like this has no pressure release, and is likely to blow up like a bomb if there is ice in the lines...trust me i know.

Still learning how to use this site so i will post pictures when i can figure it out.
Cheers all!
MPT

Gary O
# Posted: 19 Apr 2014 09:41

P-I-C-T-U-R-E-S.....S-O-O-O-O-N

Mo po taters
# Posted: 19 Apr 2014 10:25

Gary:

Will do asap!

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 19 Apr 2014 12:47 - Edited by: OwenChristensen

We use a sauna. They don't use much water.
ours
ours
inside
inside

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.