Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / bumping sound in plumbing
bigred
# Posted: 8 Jul 2014 19:36

I have a small cabin ,off grid ,with rain tank water /water is pulled out of the 300 gallon tank with a surflow pump . all i have connected is a commode and a sink . after the water flow stops the pump keeps bumping and won't turn off . ideas ?

joedepilot
# Posted: 8 Jul 2014 21:40

sounds like toilet valve leaking.

CabinBuilder
Admin
# Posted: 9 Jul 2014 08:56 - Edited by: CabinBuilder

You likely have air leaking on the pump intake side.

dk1393
# Posted: 9 Jul 2014 10:37

I had a similar problem. It turned out that the pump was not building up enough pressure to turn off. I found the 12v battery was weak causing the pump to not build up to 50psi
Once I charged the battery it was fine.

toofewweekends
# Posted: 9 Jul 2014 23:16

I was going to write roughly the same question as bigred. Thanks for the answers!

toofewweekends
# Posted: 29 Jul 2014 00:13

OK, I'm back. I tightened up water line connections, and the battery is well charged. Still making a sound sort of between a click and a bump, every 10 seconds or so.

Water supply is out of a 5 gallon jug on the floor; hose runs out of the jug and over to the pump.

When the faucet is turned on, water runs fine -- no shuddering, etc.

Looking for that magic idea. Thanks.

old243
# Posted: 29 Jul 2014 08:51

We had this pump in our trailer. Our pump kept cycling. I took the end off the pump. there are two flat rubber or neoprene valves in there . One of them had a tiny plastic cutting under it, spoiling the seal. cleaned it up, it then worked perfectly. Probably came from the water tank when it was manufactured. Not hard to look , might be your problem. We also had air in a line, another time made a cushion, so the pump cycled. hope this helps old23

bigred
# Posted: 4 Aug 2014 20:12

Finally solved it . after taking almost every fitting off and replacing everywhere I could have an air leak I discovered it . It was the toilet value .----it had a small leak in the assembly --replaced it and works perfect Joedopilot had it right !

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.