Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Shaurer charger inspected problem found
groingo
# Posted: 21 Jul 2014 21:25 - Edited by: groingo

Shaurer inspected and found a defective circuit board specifically a stuck transfer switch.
After doing a lot more homework I have chosen the Samlex charger to do the job as it has the ability to be tuned via dip switches to do the job better plus they have much more detailed information and support available than Shaurer.
Quite honestly this is a whole different animal and provided it holds together it should fill the bill.

http://samlexamerica.com/products/ProductDetail.aspx?pid=6

creeky
# Posted: 22 Jul 2014 10:00

A four stage charger with bulk/absorption/float plus the ability to equalize your batteries would be a good thing. I don't know which model you chose, but I believe a 1 amp for every 10 amps of battery storage is the recommended charging capacity. So for your what, 225? amp hour battery 20 amps would be perfect.

That Samlex looks to be pretty good quality. It's 15 or 20 amps I think? Should be good. They resell some of the best equipment around.

Certainly has the right charge profile for your Crown batteries. Good luck.

razmichael
# Posted: 22 Jul 2014 10:37

Groingo, have you looked at the Sterling Power chargers? I use a Sterling Locking Relay for my system which has worked great but I do not have experience with there chargers. What caught my eye was the apparent high efficiency and "Eleven pre-programmed battery charging curves as well as one user customizable battery profile" which might really suit your needs.
Sterling

Again - can't speak for the chargers from experience only the Prolatch relays Relay

groingo
# Posted: 22 Jul 2014 12:16

Creeky: I went with the 15 to stay as close as possible to the geny's sweet spot for fuel mileage ( that is key) and yes it fits very well with the batteries profiles.

raz: Will take a peek at Sterling, you can never have too much info!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.