Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Eccotemp L10
FishHog
# Posted: 4 Sep 2014 20:55

considering an L10, but can't find much info on winterizing. Want to use it for cold weather seasons also, weekend visits and a week of deer camp. Often see freezing temps.

All I read is bring it indoors, but that won't work for me.
Anyone have one? How difficult to drain? I'm fine with firing it up, everyone showering and then draining again, if it not a big job.

thanks,
FishHog

skootamattaschmidty
# Posted: 4 Sep 2014 22:44 - Edited by: skootamattaschmidty

I have the eccotemp l10 at my cabin. It is mounted outside as it is not vented for indoor use. I have used it in the winter where I have turned the water on, then showered and drained it out right after. There is a drain plug in the bottom of it that allows any water inside the unit to drain out. The bigger pain is draining the water lines that feed it. I have a connection I screw on my hoses that I hook my air compressor up to and blow them out. It is work and if it is quite cold, you have to work fairly quickly to drain them once you are done with the shower. It is not something I would bother with on a daily basis.

FishHog
# Posted: 7 Sep 2014 21:10

thanks for the info. Appreciate the good info.

rugercpl
# Posted: 9 Sep 2014 13:30

My L10 is mounted on the wall of my bathroom unvented, and I built a cabinet around it with an open top to hide it. I have a 9' ceiling so there's plenty clearance. These units don't put out much more heat than a burner on a household stove. Far less than 2 or 3 burners going at the same time. I would run out of water before I could take a shower long enough to compromise the air quality or have moisture become a problem. I trust the mechanics of them, they have safety features that you need. I'm just always conscious and observant when it's in use.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.