Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Solar panel question (cell broken/dead?)
groingo
# Posted: 19 Dec 2014 17:25 - Edited by: groingo

If one cell has a broken lead is that cell dead?
100_1736B.jpg
100_1736B.jpg

MtnDon
# Posted: 20 Dec 2014 10:09

If that is really a conductor break, I would think so. But the real question is whether or not that cell is in series with others and if the string is 'dead'? How does that panel output compare to others of the same type?

groingo
# Posted: 20 Dec 2014 12:49

Don:

Output is normal on this overcast rainy morning at 18.93 which is right where it should be when compared to the others.
First thing Renogy said was, don't worry, it's under warranty which was refreshing, they offered to give a credit on the panel cost or would replace it at this point I was considering buying two more panels anyhow so may just use the credit towards that.

Scott G
# Posted: 20 Dec 2014 19:54

Warranty is reassuring for sure. Considering Renogy myself.

groingo
# Posted: 21 Dec 2014 00:36 - Edited by: groingo

Scott:

A word of caution on Renogy, get information from their technical support but not sales people and when it comes time to buy get it from their Amazon site....much faster plus if Renogy gives you any problems (like saying they have shipped when the actually haven't, no tracking updates or number, no confirmations beyond telling they have taken your money and if you need a refund a real song and dance) fortunately if you buy via Amazon you don't get any of this and ultimately if you bought it via Amazon and Renogy itself was the problem, Amazon will make it right for you and then investigates Renogy...no waiting.
Also, beware of Renogy charge controllers, have had to return two out of three because they either just didn't work (mppt 30) or they said they had features but did not (PMW charge controller with LCD).

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.