Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Winter coming to end changes for next season?
groingo
# Posted: 29 Mar 2015 15:09 - Edited by: groingo

Here in Western Washington spring sprung 2 months ago, we had another winter that just never happened.....very mild.

What changes for next season?

Personally, once I got the CC working right, the solar system has performed outstanding, so have built a new vented battery box that looks like a toy box and can be sat on, next comes the acrylic interior storm windows, have dual pane storm windows now and the acrylic panels I have used before, they really cut down on cool drafts from cold glass windows regardless of how many layers.....glass is glass but other than that nothing dramatic.

How bout you?
mountain.jpg
mountain.jpg

creeky
# Posted: 30 Mar 2015 14:42

I'm doing finishes this year. I just got a box of venetian plaster. That'll be fun. Supposedly it's good for 3-600 sq ft. I scoff, but fingers crossed.

And I bought a dishwasher. A real dishwasher. So hooking that up. Nice have the 2kw solar system. I hope my inverter can handle the dishwasher and the fridge coming on at the same time. I'll find out soon.

Then it's exterior finishes for the washroom and the bedroom. I'm thinking tin and wood combo. I have a few dozen feet of cedar so I'll be trying some fancy japanese burnt wood siding.

and I was very lucky to find top of the line argon filled etc windows. so I'll be building window frames. I have some 10 year old ash 1" already planned. So I plan to make the frames out that. my table saw is sitting next to the genny begging to be started up.

Now if only spring would sprung.

groingo
# Posted: 2 Apr 2015 18:01 - Edited by: groingo

Creeky:

Be honest now;
Regarding your dish washer.....that wouldn't be Mad Mildred the Mountain Momma from Montana?...., I've heard tell them singing about her round camp fires for many a yarn, that and the Stubby Index Finger song.....if it's her don't worry we won't judge, but if it is her have her show you how she can spit and drop a fly at 20 feet!

creeky
# Posted: 2 Apr 2015 20:01

reverberation.

AK Seabee
# Posted: 5 Apr 2015 01:42

I hope to haul in some tin before breakup and finish the exterior of the cabin. I also need to finish casing and trimming the windows.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.