Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / ISO Recommendations for AC Water Pump
spillenger
# Posted: 2 Jul 2015 07:26

Greetings. I've been using a Shurflo Revolution 12V pump to push water to my cabin kitchen sink and shower for a few years now. It's worked okay, but now I'm looking into getting an AC pump (even though I am told they're less efficient than DC pumps).

I'm looking for a quiet pump, at least as powerful as the Shurflo Revolution, and robust. Of course, it should be a demand pump so it's not running all the time.

Does anyone have any recommendations for AC water pumps that fit this bill?

Thanks.

PS

creeky
# Posted: 2 Jul 2015 09:20

Spillenger Shurflo makes a 115v pump. I think it's the 2088?

Seems identical to the revolution but a different motor. so you could easily swap it over.

I have both the 12v revolution and the 2088. the nice thing about the 115v is it seems to be a little more powerful.

both are amazing pumps. i've now frozen both of them and they still run. tho the revolution did leak for a bit (frozen solid once / partially once). but amazingly healed itself.

not sure how that happens.

spillenger
# Posted: 2 Jul 2015 09:33

Thanks, Creeky. Is this the model you're referring to?:

http://www.amazon.com/SHURflo-Industrial-Pump-Model-2088-594-154/dp/B0001FAA5Y
Shurflo 2088
Shurflo 2088

creeky
# Posted: 2 Jul 2015 16:10

yup that's the one I have. and what a great price.

ps: froze mine. of course. my experience is in no way a warranty implied or otherwise.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.