Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Canadian Off Grid Energy Provider
rockies
# Posted: 22 Jul 2015 22:23 - Edited by: rockies

Saw this companies ad in a Cottage Magazine.

http://www.cdnrg.com/

http://www.cdnrg.com/renewable_energy/cottage

AK Seabee
# Posted: 22 Jul 2015 22:35

Thank you Rockies, great information. I hope to work on a system this fall or next spring.

Steve_S
# Posted: 25 Jul 2015 11:22

I just picked up my "goodies" yesterday from SolaCity of Kemptville, Ontario Canada. 2 Loads and over 700KM's driven to get everything up to our place... Long Day but well worth it ! (sorry Creekster, Time was an issue so we could not meet up as my other truck was in the shop which put a time issue on us)

I got all my solar panels, batteries, cables & more from these folks. They are certainly worth looking into.

The only thing I did not get from here was my 3kw/24v Inverter / Charger which came from Energie-abordable of Montreal (French Site)

This is my setup as reference:
8X: CS6P-260P Canadian Solar 260W 60C Poly PV module
1x: CLASSIC200 MidNite Classic-200 charge controller
4x: KMR162-M Kinetic Solar Main Rail 13'6",
8x: KEC40-M Kinetic End Clamp - 40mm - with K-Nut, S.S. Bolt, Washers and Lock Washers,
12x: KMC3843-M Kinetic Mid Clamp - 38 - 43mm - with K-Nut, S.S. Bolt, Washers and Lock Washers,
16x: KLB3-M Kinetic 3" "L" Bracket Kit, with K-Nut, S.S. Bolt, washer and lock washer,
2x: KHGL-TS Kinetic Alum. Ground Lug TiN Plated with Tech Screw and Serrated Washer,
1x: MNEDC-90 Midnite Solar MNEDC90 90A 150 VDC panel mount
1x: MNEDC30-300 Midnite Solar MNEDC30-300 30A 300 VDC panel mount
1x: LC4-CP 222-1 Lumberg MC4 Y connector (1) Male / (2) Female type MC4
1x: LC4-CP 235-2 Lumberg MC4 Y connector (2) Male / (1) Female type MC4
1x: MC4EXT 20ft MC4 Extension cable, with male and female MC4 connector
8x: S-550 Rolls Surrette S-550 battery, 6V, 428Ah/20h capacity,
8x: C2/0-12PO Battery interconnect cable #2/0, 12"
1x: HYDROVOLT HydroVolt battery hydrometer, Compaselect - the last hydrometer you will ever buy!
1x: C2/0-10PI Inverter cables #2/0, 10ft (pair)
1x: JLLN-300 Littelfuse JLLN-300 300A/300V class T fuse

** I still have to get my power panels, heavy wiring etc to complete the installation after the Rack/Frame is built for the panels which will wait for a little bit as Cabin Build is underway.

PS: '8' S-550 batteries pretty much hit Load Limit on my small Mazda B-4000 (aka Ford Ranger)... Something to ponder if your picking up your own goodies.

creeky
# Posted: 25 Jul 2015 12:52

ya. apologies s_s. i was milkweed pod harvesting with a friend. who knew. tastes like beans. but i am looking forward to seein' yer solar system go up. keep us posted. pics appreciated.

the site rockies mentions is to be avoided. it looks like a bait shop. they put it up in the hope someone dumb sees it. but the info is bad. i mean look at the battery info. and the systems are poorly designed. the loads built for are way undersized. oversized inverters. etc.

sigh. saw a guy on kickstarter for an off grid solar book. Just as bad. He has you stringing 8 84 amp gel batteries together. I'm like wha??? and hoping that it was a typo.

rockies
# Posted: 25 Jul 2015 19:35

Any problems with Home Power Magazine?

http://www.homepower.com/

Just
# Posted: 25 Jul 2015 23:47

I am expecting delivery of 4 Canadian solar 255 watt panels on Monday [ sounds like similar panels] . Panels, connector harness , end caps , mounting brackets[to wood frame] $ 1006.00 . we are building a solar powered dewatering pumping system for one of our farms . The pump and controller are also on order . The system will be for day use only, no batteries . We are hoping for 50 gal. min . We will keep our 300 gal. per min. diesel pump for back up .. sorry creeky no life batteries needed . I am not up on all the particulars my son has a electronics business and he has done the research . I am just hoping it will cut down on the fuel bill . Good luck with your system Steve..

creeky
# Posted: 26 Jul 2015 09:36

rockies: took a quick look. the info is a bit simplistic. what's the homesteader magazine? that guy is really good. ah. blessed be the google. Jeffrey Yago at backwoods home. some of the articles are a bit out of date. but if you're looking for an introduction with reliable accuracy ...

Just. what pump and controller are you using? 24v dc? pwm? to a holding tank?

jeez. a kilowatt of panels. that'll move some water for sure.

nice.

Just
# Posted: 26 Jul 2015 20:20

Quoting: creeky
what pump and controller are you using? 24v dc? pwm? to a holding tank?

the pump and controller are from China Jintai Pump I think its this one i think 48 volts, the panels are 36 v wired to put out 72v ..
pc3999538agricuture.jpg
pc3999538agricuture.jpg

creeky
# Posted: 26 Jul 2015 20:30

i popped into their site. that looks really cool. a whole solar powered water system ready to go.

looking forward to your posts on this one. cheers.

Just
# Posted: 26 Jul 2015 21:13 - Edited by: Just

We bought the panels local , there is a Canadian dealer for the pumps but he doubles the price . The system is to drain field tile in a 50 ac. farm . Lake levels have risen so high the tile are no longer working without a pump.
new basin for the pump
new basin for the pump

Wilbour
# Posted: 27 Jul 2015 13:31

Quoting: creeky
milkweed pod harvesting with a friend. who knew. tastes like beans

Really?

creeky
# Posted: 27 Jul 2015 14:02

yup.

http://foragersharvest.com/milkweed-a-truly-remarkable-wild-vegetable/

for more info. i mean. i'd never heard of it before. and it's not like there's a shortage of it about.

Ms. C brings the water to a boil first; (very important I was told) and boils the pods for 5 minutes. She cans and sells.

might be nice to start a "wild harvest" section.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.