Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Price of a water tank.
rayyy
# Posted: 26 Jul 2015 10:59

I have been looking at buying a 200 to 250 gallon vertical water tank to move my water supply inside for the winter months.Between the tank and shipping it to me is $500. to $700.wow!That's a lot of money.

MtnDon
# Posted: 26 Jul 2015 11:22

Look at it as a one time purchase and no monthly water bills.

creeky
# Posted: 26 Jul 2015 13:02

or drive to your closest tractor supply store and pick it up there.

drb777
# Posted: 26 Jul 2015 13:34

URL

Above link is for a 265 gal poly for $275, but it's pick-up in FL only, no shipping. I found a new 300 gal for $355 delivered, so there are some better deals out there. Just keep searching and I bet you'll find what you want at a fair price.

bldginsp
# Posted: 26 Jul 2015 18:53

Tank Depot.com has tanks in this size range for $1/gallon or a bit more. It's the shipping that gets you. I picked up my 2500 gallon tank at the manufacturer and paid the minimum. Put it on my dinky trailer, did fine.

SE Ohio
# Posted: 26 Jul 2015 19:53

Food grade (used) 55 gallon drums are as low as $5 each at cola bottles, though not as aesthetic as the more expensive tanks. Gang a few of the cheaper drums and you'll save some money.

drb777
# Posted: 27 Jul 2015 11:00 - Edited by: drb777

Quoting: bldginsp
Tank Depot.com has tanks in this size range for $1/gallon or a bit more. It's the shipping that gets you. I picked up my 2500 gallon tank at the manufacturer and paid the minimum.

That's right, ' bought a 120 gal Norwesco through Tank Depot & picked it up at Norwesco's local plant. Just be advised that they impose a $35 pick-up charge, so not really a free DIY pick-up, still way better than huge trucking charges.

rayyy
# Posted: 27 Jul 2015 17:14

It's got to fit through a 30"door and vertical would take up the least amount of space in my cabin.Once I have installed it and got it up and running I can remove the 4x4x4 tank out on the porch and use that space for more storage space.

Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 27 Jul 2015 17:31

Do you have an accessible crawl space?

Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 27 Jul 2015 17:35

That's an advantage of the pillow water tanks. Big savings on shipping since they collapse flat and aren't nearly as heavy as a regular tank.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.