Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Looking for information on solar pond aerators
rmak
# Posted: 27 Apr 2016 22:39

It's tough getting old. I could have sworn I asked this question before on this forum, but I can't find it.

Anyhow, I began stocking the pond we had dug by the cabin. The pond gets its water from rain and snow run-off so I want to aerate the water to help the fish. The cabin is solar powered and there is no ac power available. After pricing windmill aerators and thinking about how one would look, I am pretty convinced the best option for me would be a solar powered aerator pump.

The pond is small, about 3/4 acre, and I am stocking it with fish to balance out the ecosystem and allow my one son to fish when he comes over.

After reading up what I could it seems like a dc pump run off of a solar panel would be fine. It would only pump during sunny days, but I believe that would suffice.

There are dyi videos on youtube for solar aeration, but like most amateur videos they say "do this" "do that" but don't provide specific information, such as where to buy the pump, etc.

Anyone with any experience on the subject willing to help? The cheapest complete unit I found was on ebay for around $500. However, the seller could not provide the names of anyone who bought one. That seems a little fishy to me.

Jebediah
# Posted: 28 Apr 2016 05:45 - Edited by: Jebediah

Try Missouri Wind and Solar, they has a video and if I remember correctly they go through several different pumps and panel configurations before they get it right.

Just
# Posted: 28 Apr 2016 09:30 - Edited by: Just

Bought mine from these folks found them dependable and the quality was very good . I bought this one they have many applications . Called them on the phone and paid with credit card. ask for tony speaks English . JINTIA PUMP LIMITED CHINA
pc3999538agricuture.jpg
pc3999538agricuture.jpg

tichalet
# Posted: 30 Apr 2016 10:46

There's also probably lots of good info about solar powered pond aeration on this forum at Pond Boss which you might want to check out if you haven't already:

http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=11&page=1

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.