Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Utility ATV suggestions?
<< . 1 . 2 .
paulz
# Posted: 15 May 2017 09:22

If you want to relive your childhood, the first time you pushed that Tonka toy around the Christmas tree, get a tractor. Every man should have one. Or three.
1106151430.jpg
1106151430.jpg

bldginsp
# Posted: 17 May 2017 22:45

Oh gosh... and he's got a crawler too... I want one....

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 17 May 2017 23:26 - Edited by: toyota_mdt_tech

Been there, just done it.

Also, just sold, tonight, my Suzuki Eiger 4WD quad tonight.
2017 Kubota L2501
2017 Kubota L2501

bldginsp
# Posted: 17 May 2017 23:36

Mmmmmm..... tractor...........

FishHog
# Posted: 18 May 2017 09:21

I don't think I need a tractor, but for some reason I find myself really wanting a tractor.

Threads like this don't help......

bobbotron
# Posted: 18 May 2017 09:22

I scoped things out again last weekend, I was making a mountain out of a mole hill, I'm totally going to get a small tractor. Thinking around a 25HP machine so I can run a post hole auger off of it.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 18 May 2017 20:52

Pay attention to PTO HP and the auger you want and what is required to run it. Hey, mine is a 25HP, but its the bigger end, its the L model. Basically the small end of the industrial size.

bobbotron
# Posted: 18 May 2017 22:02

Yeah, I think I might not be able to find one that'll run an auger. I'd really like to get a Kubota B series, but I realize it'll be a little under powered for auguring.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 18 May 2017 22:14

An L3301 or a 3901 should do it.

bldginsp
# Posted: 19 May 2017 21:03 - Edited by: bldginsp

Hydrostatic transmissions generally have much lower PTO hp as a function of percent of engine hp, because of the power rob of the hydro. Tractors used to be rated primarily by PTO hp, but that practice seems to have gone by the wayside, so it's important to ask or reasearch. I don't know, but I bet a lower hp machine will operate the auger, just more slowly, and the larger diameters might not work well. Here's a good site for tractor specifications-

http://www.tractordata.com/
46 Gibson
46 Gibson

bldginsp
# Posted: 20 May 2017 09:35

Quoting: FishHog
I don't think I need a tractor, but for some reason I find myself really wanting a tractor.

Men want tractors, and women want little dogs. This is because women want someone to pay attention to them, but men spend most of their time with their tractors.

Just remember, when a tractor comes up against a little dog, the result is inevitable.

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.