Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Looking for a pump....
Smawgunner
# Posted: 16 Jun 2017 16:32

I'm trying to pump water from my rain barrel to a holding taking inside the cabin. The run is about 30 feet, elevation maybe 5 feet. I need it to plug in to a 110 outlet, have two inlet/outlets to attach a hose to, be able to empty the 55 gallon barrel in a reasonable amount of time (under 20 minutes) and be under 75 bucks. Thoughts?? I was looking at pond pumps but most are submergible and don't have the nipple inlets to attach a hose to.

Just
# Posted: 16 Jun 2017 17:43 - Edited by: Just

14.95 $ this week at Princess auto .660 gal per hr.you will need a 110 AC drill to power it.
pump
pump

NorthRick
# Posted: 16 Jun 2017 18:08

While the price meets his budget, at .660 gal per hour it would take over 83 hours to empty a 55 gallon barrel. Should it be gal per minute?

Just
# Posted: 16 Jun 2017 18:38

picky picky thats 660 gal. per .hr. lol

Atlincabin
# Posted: 17 Jun 2017 11:32

Usually those pump numbers are with no rise so will be less if pumping uphill. Still should do the job easily.

creeky
# Posted: 17 Jun 2017 15:15

They don't last. I used two. The first one laset two uses. The second one, metal, lasted a year and a bit. Good for transferING fom a water barrel to a source with a better rv pump.

razmichael
# Posted: 17 Jun 2017 16:48

Ref the Princess Auto pump - Same comment as creeky - do not last from my experience.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 19 Jun 2017 14:57

I have a buddy who bought a pump for his Koi pond and it was over $400. It has a 2" inlet and move 4300 gallons per hour. A 220V unit, be half the price. I'd just grab a Flo Tek pump, 110VAC for transfering if the lift isnt too much.

bldginsp
# Posted: 20 Jun 2017 00:45

A simple sump pump?

https://www.amazon.com/Pump-Thermoplastic-Submersible-Utility/dp/B000X05G1A/ref=pd_lp o_vtph_86_bs_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=MHDQ5JM2KNBKHA1K4HR5

Smawgunner
# Posted: 20 Jun 2017 16:15

Most pond and sump pumps only have one connection or outlet for a hose. There are a few that fit the bill that are out there, just don't want one that stops working after 2 weeks

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.