Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Off Grid TV
<< . 1 . 2 .
NorthRick
# Posted: 6 Oct 2017 14:46

Quoting: beachman
I have a PVR and Netflix at home. How the heck do people download movies and recorded shows to their notebooks or laptops?

We still subscribe to old school Netflix. You know, where they mail you DVDs, you watch them and them mail them back? We take those to the cabin to watch. Easy. Just need a cheap DVD player.

SE Ohio
# Posted: 6 Oct 2017 14:57

I should point out that the Hoopla-library access is free. I am a tightwad

Gary O
# Posted: 7 Oct 2017 00:17 - Edited by: Gary O

We just stop at goodwill and thumb thru til we see something worthy
Last trip VHS movies were 5 for a dollar
Got $2 worth
That’ll do us for a bit

If they turn out to be not worth watching we donate them back

plncrzy
# Posted: 23 Oct 2017 20:30

I have 4 100Ahr 12v backup batteries hooked up in parallel running a 2000Watt inverter. The inverter is hooked up to a power bar that runs the TV and satellite receiver as well as chargers for other small electronics such as cell phones and tablets. The batteries are kept charged by a 75AMP 4 stage RV charger that charges the batteries whenever the generator is running for the more heavy load demand items.

This system serves us well and as long as we "unplug" the receiver and TV when not in use, the batteries do very well.

uberjason
# Posted: 29 Oct 2017 09:42

sling.com 25 bucks a month and I can get NFL Football too.

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.