Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Stove pipe
t_bell40
# Posted: 14 Sep 2017 06:36

Ive picked up a lp wall heater. Now im reading that i should use triple wall for vent pipe ?? Is there a cheaper way to go. That stuff is really expensive. !!!

Steve_S
# Posted: 14 Sep 2017 07:12

It would be far better to state the Make & Model of this heater IF asking such a question, they all vary in needs & requirements.

Refer to the Documentation received with the unit, they do know what works best and what keeps you safe & sound. Companies have an aversion to being responsible for causing injuries & deaths, usually.

Then look at what your local Codes state should be used for said appliance / device type... these vary a bit depending on region and climate zones and usually for good cause.

Remember that asking a question on the Interweb will get many responses, postulations and theories AND everyone has an opinion. IF you want to be safe, be insured and more... follow Rules, Regs & Documentation as provided.

Solitude WA
# Posted: 14 Sep 2017 07:58

Quoting: Steve_S
It would be far better to state the Make & Model of this heater IF asking such a question, they all vary in needs & requirements.

Agreed.

An LP wall heater should have less than a foot of class B or L straight out through the exterior wall. Were you reading about venting wood stoves possibly?

old243
# Posted: 14 Sep 2017 09:09

An interesting , site to check out all types of stoves, chimneys etc is hearth.com. Maybe mostly wood stoves but a place to get opinions. I agree that you should follow manufacurers recommendations and local and insurance requirements. old243

ICC
# Posted: 14 Sep 2017 10:18

Quoting: t_bell40
Ive picked up a lp wall heater. Now im reading that i should use triple wall for vent pipe ?? Is there a cheaper way to go. That stuff is really expensive. !!!

Not if you don't want to risk a fire

t_bell40
# Posted: 15 Sep 2017 08:09

I am not sure the make og rhe heater. It looks to be 30yrs old or older. 35k btu. The guy gave me an uninsulated stove pipe. 4in diam. I think. I believe i can go straight up through the roof. Just didnt want to cut a hole in the roof. So ill continue to investigate. I feel kinda dumb for having paid 200 for it when i could have gotten something brand new for a couple hundered more that would vent straight out the wall

t_bell40
# Posted: 15 Sep 2017 20:06

I miss spoke myself. The heater i purchased is a space heater off of craigs list. No info. I can probably find make and model on it somewhere. I am probably just going to consult a local furnace guy and see what he thinks the best thing to do at this point is

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.