Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Good Sale (Oct. 5-12) 100W-12V Solar Panel Sale @ Canadian Tire
Steve_S
# Posted: 5 Oct 2017 07:41

Hey there folks

Just an FYI for anyone looking fro 100Watt, 12V panels for Bunkies, Sheds, Light Utility uses etc...

Canadian Tire has a promo this upcoming weekend October 5-12 for 2 Pack, Coleman 100 Watt panels & their controllers @ $359 (65% off reg.) REF - Flyer: http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/flyer.html?adlocation=Homepage_NewStand_ShopWeeklyFlyer _Row3_17340A_en

While these won't juice up your home they are great for "Light Duty Uses" such as charging up a couple of 12V Batteries which can run some lights, fans and generally light stuff around your property. Want a few solar lights in a shed, outbuilding, something in your Bunkie, Hunt Camp etc.... These can be a good, simple solution.

I use one to charge an 12V AGM RV Class battery which in turn powers my 2 LED Lights & Repurposed RV Furnace in my Power/Pump house over winter which keeps temps above freezing. I wanted that to be independent from my regular solar system and has proven to be a most worthwhile investment. Now I am pondering getting 2 Kits for use in my Greenhouse and more... (not to run Grow Lights mind you as those still use too much juice) but for basic lights, circulation fans etc... maybe even a low power pump...

Scott G
# Posted: 5 Oct 2017 08:49

I wonder if a couple of those and 2 12V batteries would be enough to run a 150W brooder lamp? Likely not.

Steve_S
# Posted: 5 Oct 2017 09:00

http://www.brinsea.com/p-375-ecoglow-20-chick-brooder.aspx

Depends on the brooder but a quick search found the above, there seems to be more and there are many discussions on it, results from google.

Connecting batteries in Parallel will give you more Ahr's.

When connecting in Parallel you are doubling the capacity (amp hours) of the battery while maintaining the voltage of one of the individual batteries. This would be used in applications such as laptop batteries, some scooters, some ups backups, etc. Use a jumper wire between the positives of both batteries and another jumper wire between the negatives of both batteries. Connect your positive and negative wires to the same battery to run to your application.

Scott G
# Posted: 5 Oct 2017 10:10

That looks like a cool solution - thanks.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.