Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Excel Tankless Water Heater
cspot
# Posted: 5 Mar 2018 20:17

Anyone ever try one of these? Seems like this would work well for occasional use at a cabin. We have a shurflo pump, but it looks like you only need 2 PSI for it to work. Works on battery for ignition.

http://excelonlinestore.com/tankless-gas-water-heater-1-6-gpm-lpg-propane-low-pressur e-startup

cspot
# Posted: 7 Mar 2018 19:39

Huh. I would have thought someone on here would have tried this one.

creeky
# Posted: 8 Mar 2018 11:16

It looks neat, but 259 is pretty pricy compared to the Maries and the ecotemps.

Ventless for a small cabin isn't ideal but now I want one for my kitchen.

cspot
# Posted: 8 Mar 2018 21:30

I have seen it priced other places for under $200. The thing about this unit is that it is made with an O2 sensor and is rated to be used inside. I didn't think that the Ecotemps are or at least the small ones? Our cabin is around 500 sf. Since we carry water in we are masters at conserving water for showers and dishes. Not worried about the CO with it since it will be used for short periods of time. I have a couple CO detectors for good measure anyway.

creeky
# Posted: 9 Mar 2018 22:28

Where'd you see it cheaper. I really am tempted. I have a bathroom building with an ecotemps l12. But the kitchen/great room is in another building 50 feet away. The gf would certainly appreciate hot running water at the sink. I already have propane for the heater and stove. Hmmmm.

cspot
# Posted: 10 Mar 2018 15:45

Quoting: creeky

Where'd you see it cheaper. I really am tempted. I have a bathroom building with an ecotemps l12. But the kitchen/great room is in another building 50 feet away. The gf would certainly appreciate hot running water at the sink. I already have propane for the heater and stove. Hmmmm.

Downside is that I see that they aren't in stock.

http://www.campingworld.com/excel-vent-free-tankless-propane-water-heater-low-pressur e-startup-16gpm

cspot
# Posted: 22 Mar 2018 17:54

Quoting: creeky

Just found a decent price. Got mine on order.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D7M7CT4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&ps c=1

stihlaer
# Posted: 27 Mar 2018 09:19

I bought a wall mounted ecotemp propane water heater out of canada for $60..on line. Love it.

cspot
# Posted: 16 Apr 2018 21:33

Got the Excel setup this past weekend. Didn't use it alot as we had a short visit to camp with kid's activities. This thing really throws out the hot water and very quickly.

40566654255_0c4f473172_z by cspot12, on Flickr

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.