Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / hobbit wood stove
slatecreek
# Posted: 21 Nov 2018 21:36

So I want to either build or buy a very small woodstove. Small because we can heat our cabin most times with two 1500 watt heaters. Its well insulated and so i need something under 10,000 btu's.

I have the material to build a small stovebut ran across this stove and was impressed with its sizeand the oven option. Has anyone had experince with brand of stove. My guess is it's sourced overseas but they have free shipping. Its perfect for our 280 sf cabin, any opinions?
URL

slatecreek
# Posted: 21 Nov 2018 22:04

My mistake, they are the Dwarf stove, not the hobbit stove. The hobbit stove is available in the UK. The dwarf is available in the US but look very similar.

martym
# Posted: 21 Nov 2018 22:47

I Don't know about the Dwarf stove, it wasn't available when I was shopping for my Hobbit stove. I did get mine shipped from Europe, free shipping off eBay.
I watched the Dwarf video it seems like it does share a few of the same features in about the same foot print. The biggest difference is the Dwarf has a steel body while the Hobbit is all cast iron. I really like the idea of the oven option but I have to wonder about it being very practical. I know my little Hobbit will quickly cook me out of my 150 square foot cabin. I just cant see firing the stove up getting it to cooking temperature then holding it there for 30 or 45 minutes to cook something. My cabin would go from 20 to 85 degrees in that amount of time.

KelVarnsen
# Posted: 22 Nov 2018 08:16

There was a lengthy discussion about small woodstoves on this forum just last month: Link

slatecreek
# Posted: 22 Nov 2018 09:59

Quoting: KelVarnsen
There was a lengthy discussion about small woodstoves on this forum just last month: Link

Yea, i just ran across the hobbit and dwarf and threw it out there if anyone has experince with them. I guess I'll stick to my original plan and build one even though im pressed for any free time lately.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.