Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Shallow well
# Posted: 16 Jun 2019 16:40

Does anyone here have any hands on experience with putting one in and what type of soils did you have to deal with?

Im talking under 30 ft

Did you use a sandpoint or what?

Im planning ( and have already purchased whats needed to dig and put in a 4 inch well casing just like this guys doing here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rYPRMm8Arw&t=409s )

I have some questions but will wait to see if there any takers

Thanks

Brettny
# Posted: 17 Jun 2019 08:29

All depends on your ground conditions so no one can really help much.

With a 4in well i really only see this working in sandy soil.

Just
# Posted: 17 Jun 2019 21:19

i have 6 working sand points one at our cottage 2 at rental homes 1 at our cattle barn 1 at the greenhouse one as a spare.
they all produce about 2 gal. per min. they are all in very sandy gravely soil No Clay at all . the are all about 8 ft deep . I by 24 in. sand points and pound them in with a fencepost pounder . I attach 4 foot sections of 1.25 black iron pipe.You must attach a sacrafical cap the top of the pipe before you pound to protect the threads .
I would ask a neighbour about soil conditions before you invest in materals.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.