Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Chevy Volt module meter
Nobadays
# Posted: 2 Oct 2019 21:19

Creeky, Ontario Lakeside, anyone else using Volt modules....

Presently I have been using a digital volt ohm meter to test cell balances about once a month. Not even sure that is necessary with the Red Wing BMS on my system.

I'm such a newbie at this I'm not quite sure I'm doing it correctly (Creeky/Lakeside another video perhaps?) but fairly confident I am. Every time I have checked it has been in the afternoon when the system is floating at 48.1v. All cells in each of the 4 modules register at 4.01v. There were a few cells that were .01 to .02 low when I first plugged in the BMS but a check a week later showed them balanced. That was the months ago.

The reason for the post is to ask if there is a simple digital meter out there that someone can point me to that can be just plugged into the Volt module to read all cells without fiddling around with volt ohm meter.

Thanks!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.