Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Nature / Most effective mouse removal ideas
<< . 1 . 2 .
TranquilMan
# Posted: 19 Feb 2015 11:46

I forgot to mention the barbecue. My breakfast deck has a barbecue on it right beside the kitchen door. It's been there a long time. Last season the mice started going in it. A few times when we had been away for a week or so I lift the lid to start cooking dinner and there would be a whole litter of baby mice in a nest looking up at me. I'm getting awfully tired of ripping the thing apart to clean it before I can start dinner. And while the cleaning chore is happening there are 6-8 little mice kids running around trying to get back to the nest. I'm hopping peppermint oil will help keep them away and maybe flavor the food in a good way.
-TranquilMan

rayyy
# Posted: 20 Feb 2015 18:11

I get them in my camper which is sealed up tight.(unbelievable)I tried the peppermint oil but it may have worked for a few weeks but once the smell wares off the mice move in anyway.

neb
# Posted: 20 Feb 2015 20:20

Most effective is cats.

smallworks
# Posted: 24 Apr 2015 20:08

Quoting: LoonWhisperer
1) Pure Peppermint Oil - I guess mice hate the smell, Plus it helps the area, especially if it has been closed up off season.

I tried this, but my mice are olfactory deficient. This is at my house. The cabin's fine.
After hurricane Irene the rivers rose and woodrats were everywhere. They at least are seasonal. The mice are creating dynasties.

Moomps
# Posted: 27 Apr 2015 13:49

My cabin had been out of use for over 7 years when I bought it and there was a MAJOR mouse problem. I vacuumed the mice stuff out of the drawers in the kitchen and I'm going to replace them very soon. I looked for all the places that they could be coming in and plugged them with stainless steel wool so it doesn't rust away. I'm not sure if they actually work, but I also placed a couple sonic deterrents around the inside along with 4 peanut butter laden traps. Since last fall - not one mouse in any of the traps and no sign of any in the cabin.

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.