Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Nature / Bears Coming Back To Ohio - Vinton County
SE Ohio
# Posted: 1 Dec 2015 14:23

One recently fitted with a radio collar in southeast Ohio's Vinton County. Still a rare encounter, but my wife'll worry anyway...

http://www.vintoncourier.com/news/black-bear-collared-in-vinton-county/article_60703c 43-64d2-5a2b-9622-fd4b06946322.html

buckybuck
# Posted: 2 Dec 2015 07:02

Good segway to show a pic I took at my place in Vinton County a few years ago. I also had an exciting encounter with one of those feral hogs last summer.
Bear Paw
Bear Paw

VC_fan
# Posted: 2 Dec 2015 15:46

A neighbor at a small property we ended up said she'd enjoyed watching a mother bear and three cubs from her porch a number of years ago. And I too had a close encounter with a hog a year ago or so; it was the first time I showed a brother and his friend around and we heard grunting coming from the brush. She wanted to wait to get a picture and maybe try to pet it but I think she got the idea when I turned and ran...

VC - Nature at its finest.

Smawgunner
# Posted: 2 Dec 2015 21:12

Bring um' on in! (Athens county)

pash
# Posted: 2 Dec 2015 23:06

My car broke down on 32 about 10 years ago on thanksgiving weekend in Vinton County. I saw some scarier stuff than a bear that weekend. But all in all the people were great, McArthur, Ohio is quite a place especially when Mullin's pizza delivers you every meal.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.