Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Nature / Mother nature dumps on Paradise
groingo
# Posted: 6 Nov 2017 11:33 - Edited by: groingo

There is snowing and then there is Dumping snow...13 inches in a few hours here.
west2.jpg
west2.jpg

bobrok
# Posted: 6 Nov 2017 12:07

Ugh, that could be lake effect in upstate NY!!!!

KinAlberta
# Posted: 9 Nov 2017 11:26

I love it when it snows here.

In our fall, the days get short, everything here gets dark, dreary and dirty looking. With all the aspen and deciduous forest around here, all devoid of leaves, and the sparseness of evergreens, we look like a dead world.

So a good snowfall brightens everything up especially with any nighttime moonlight, and when the sun shines bright on a fresh snowfall everything sparkles.

Plus who can knock a totally mosquito and insect free season.

Steve_S
# Posted: 9 Nov 2017 11:50

Hmmm Skeeters or -30 ? Maybe cause I'm older and not as healthy as I used to be BUT I choose the skeeters over the cold thanks. Now, off to change the oil in the snowblower...

NorthRick
# Posted: 9 Nov 2017 12:01

Doesn't need to be -30 to keep the skeeters at bay. It was a pleasant 16F here this morning with a nice bright white coating of snow lit by the moon. I totally get what KinAlberta is talking about.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.