Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Nature / New Cabin Friend
drb777
# Posted: 9 May 2018 14:35

I have a new friend at the cabin. He/she came up to the french doors, even kicked-up his feet on to the glass like he wanted to come inside.
'Continued to carry around that grasshopper for at least another 30 min, I suppose he was more proud than hungry.
Roadrunner Visits
Roadrunner Visits

Bushwhacked
# Posted: 9 May 2018 14:41

He/she was prob trying to share with ya!

hattie
# Posted: 9 May 2018 16:49

WOW! I've never seen a picture of a real roadrunner (just the cartoon one ). That is really neat!!!

Steve_S
# Posted: 9 May 2018 19:20

Great shot... and so many city folks wonder WHY we love our little bits of paradise and it is BEYOND their general comprehension...

Borrego
# Posted: 9 May 2018 20:42

Yeah, they're cute, ain't they....? They show up around our desert cabin place once in a while.....didn't know they are other birds until my neighbor saw it happen....

PS -Where are you located?

drb777
# Posted: 9 May 2018 21:28

Quoting: Borrego
Where are you located?

I'm located in NE Oklahoma, sort-of the Western Ozark foothills/river area, about 40 miles West of Tulsa.
'Read that chaparrals (greater roadrunners) range throughout the SW US and as far East as SW Missouri, and they don't migrate with the seasons.

naturelover66
# Posted: 9 May 2018 21:40

Great photo.

Borrego
# Posted: 9 May 2018 21:41

Hmmmm....I always assumed they were desert creatures.....
We love them, though, what cool birds...

Wilbour
# Posted: 9 May 2018 22:13

Meap Meap!

ILFE
# Posted: 9 May 2018 23:21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwYQsZuh2CM

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 10 May 2018 15:37

ILFE, hard to imagine its all banned now, too violent. Not kids just set in their rooms and play violent video games wit no more cartoon on except stupid stuff like captn planet etc.

ILFE
# Posted: 10 May 2018 15:46 - Edited by: ILFE

Quoting: toyota_mdt_tech
ILFE, hard to imagine its all banned now, too violent. Not kids just set in their rooms and play violent video games wit no more cartoon on except stupid stuff like captn planet etc.

All I'd heard, not so many years back, was how violent cartoons were when we were kids. I'm 51, grew up in the 70's and early 80's. Those cartoons don't hold a candle to the violent video games of today. Garbage is what they are.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.