Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Nature / Leeks are ready
old243
# Posted: 14 May 2019 08:59

Was back to my bush yesterday. The leeks or as some call them , ramps are just about ready. Will take my shovel , the next trip back. Good to have a good feed in the spring. old243

creeky
# Posted: 14 May 2019 13:20

I've got one asparagus stalk so far. And lots of stinging nettle. Mmmm. So tasty and no sting when they first emerge.
What kind of ground are you finding the leeks in? I need some of that.

Nate R
# Posted: 14 May 2019 13:36

Haven't found any ramps yet this year. A few morels near the city I live in, though. Need to find more!

deercula
# Posted: 14 May 2019 21:39

I can smell your breath from here. Wifey used to yell at me when I ate them. She claimed to be able to smell them for days. So she would eat a few "in defense" of herself.

old243
# Posted: 14 May 2019 22:18

The leeks are in a hard maple bush, fairly high ridge, heavy clay. Large patches, 10 feet around. They grow there every year. old 243

creeky
# Posted: 17 May 2019 10:17

Quoting: old243
The leeks are in a hard maple bush

Found some! Thanks. Put 'em in the soup last night. Delicious.

hueyjazz
# Posted: 17 May 2019 11:49

Backpacking into the night once I made the mistake of pitching tent over a patch of wild leeks. Was too dog tired to move tent so dealt with I.

Had an interesting smell to me as I walked the trails the next day. Even turned some heads as I walk pass some other hikers.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.