Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Properties / Buying land from the Gov. is this for real????
neb
# Posted: 12 Feb 2012 21:39

Here the web site for bidding on land that the US Gov.
http://www.governmentauction.com/

simon
# Posted: 12 Feb 2012 22:24

Quoting: neb
GovernmentAuction.com is not a governmental agency, but a private company that works closely with a variety of government agencies to purchase parcels of land in bulk. We buy raw land for investment, and real estate from state, county and city governments through foreclosures, bankruptcies, tax lien sales, surplus land and liquidation sales. We also purchase land from estates and trusts.

I'm sure it's for real.. But it's just a company web site selling their products. Not a middle man.

OpsY
# Posted: 21 Feb 2012 23:08

I took a look at this site... definitely some nice pricing but the site really seems to have much scamming. One thing, you are bidding on a MONTHLY payment. On one page, you see starting big 659$ so you think, Dang this is great. Then you read the smaller characters and notice the full price is 65 000$ AND you are forced to accept their financing plan at 9.5% interest. There is barely no information where the lot is, how to access it, the landscape, is it wetlands or drylands?

There are also two hidden fees: 200$ transfer fee + 10% of land value. In some cases, I've found land with yearly taxes of 1000$ others where it's minimal. It's safe to say you should buy elsewhere.

I've looked at one map and it seems the lot is Very far from any actual road, 20 hours drive from any city.

BE CAREFUL!

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 15 Mar 2012 18:49

Alaksa sells land, actually platted out lots online. Cheap too. Its done by the dept of lands and mining. Look online, pretty neat. I almost bought 5 acres on a lake for $11K. I know a guy who bought 2 lots side by side on a lake.

neb
# Posted: 15 Mar 2012 21:52

toyota_mdt_tech
You have a site to go too???

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 26 Mar 2012 18:22 - Edited by: toyota_mdt_tech

Quoting: neb
toyota_mdt_tech
You have a site to go too???

You bet, here it is. They take VISA and M/C. If its not water front, 5 acres for about 5K

http://dnr.alaska.gov/mlw/landsale/otc/index.cfm

neb
# Posted: 10 Nov 2012 21:13

toyota_mdt_tech
Man this was a long time ago but thanks for the sharing this site.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.