Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Properties / Bringing the bunkie home in Ontario...
bushbunkie
# Posted: 4 Jun 2012 21:32

Hi all,
Well life is busy with both my boys playing travel sports...so opportunities to escape to my bunkie (Bruce Penninsula, Lake Huron) are tough sometimes...and geez I miss the place.
So, I found a solution...I've built another one in my backyard!.
We had a big 14'x14' bald spot on the lawn beside our old maple tree (roots suck up all the moisture) so I told the missus that I had an idea to cover up the eye sore and we could have a place for the boys to have friends over, campfires and sleep outs...build a "shed" (bunkie).
So...it's 8x12, with a four foot porch and just over 12' high...within the bylaw restriction. Did it myself...with info help from many of your posts/threads (thanks!). Still pickin' away at it, but the boys can't wait for the first sleepover this summer. Still have to put cedar shakes up in the peak section and finish the battens.
Building it keeps me connected to my own little piece of heaven.
The other perk is now I have all the rafter ytemplates, etc...so I can build another up North.
My neighbours think I'm crazy...though two of them have asked me if I would build one for them in their backyards!
Cheers, BB.
Bunkie #1 - Bruce Peninsula, Ontario...sigh
Bunkie #1 - Bruce Peninsula, Ontario...sigh
Framing it up
Framing it up
Roof and shingles going on
Roof and shingles going on
Getting there...
Getting there...

hattie
# Posted: 4 Jun 2012 22:15 - Edited by: hattie

Your kids are SOOOOOOO lucky!! What a great idea!!! I'm guessing your neighbours are pretty jealous!!! That looks amazing! Are you going to furnish it? I want to see photos of the inside if you do!!

BRL
# Posted: 5 Jun 2012 07:21

Nice Job Bushbunkie! Can't wait to see more pics! Brian

bushbunkie
# Posted: 5 Jun 2012 07:31

Thanks Hattie....yup, the kids are pretty pumped. I'll keep you posted as I progress. How are things in your part of Canada?

bushbunkie
# Posted: 5 Jun 2012 07:32

Thanks BRL...I'll keep picking away.

mikehu1966
# Posted: 5 Jun 2012 09:30

Looks Great.

Montanagirl
# Posted: 5 Jun 2012 10:31

That is ADORABLE! Be careful, you may find another occupation

hattie
# Posted: 5 Jun 2012 23:58

Quoting: bushbunkie
How are things in your part of Canada?

Things are pretty good out here. Wish the rain would go away, but June is typically our wettest month.

bushbunkie
# Posted: 12 Jun 2012 07:41

Kind words...thanks Montanagirl!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.