Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Properties / Stopping in to say hello
Slodave
# Posted: 20 Jul 2012 08:46 - Edited by: Slodave

just thought i would post a little introduction thread.

Hi my name is dave, I live in California (born and raised) ive been looking for a piece of property for a while now to build a off the grid cabin etc. Havn't had much luck so far but ill keep looking.

What i am looking for in a piece of land
Must have's =lots Trees , No HOA BS. ability to build and live in a small (no permit) cabin. Must not be inside city limits. Able to keep chickens,rabbits, goats. At least 1 acre of land. MUST not be desert land lol.

Preferred = some sort of year round stream/creek/pond? Ie don't have to dig a well. Low property taxes. few to no neighbors close bye. 5-10+ acres.

I am willing to move basically anywhere inside the US.. Would like to get the hell out of California if i can though. This state is just going to hell in a hand-basket in a hurry.

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 20 Jul 2012 09:08

Welcome, good luck in your search. We have a lot of undeveloped land in northern mn. We have the North woods and we have a lot of farm land that's totally overgrown back to thick brush and woods. The cheap land can sell for a couple thousand per ac. or even less.

Owen

Slodave
# Posted: 20 Jul 2012 09:17

Thanks owen. what county are you referring to? and would you happen to have any links? Ive been having issues with finding sites online to look at. A lot of the websites are just not adequate. Ie little information etc.

Just do not have the money/time to be flying/driving all over the country to look at places. need to get as much information as i can before heading out to look at a place.

Anonymous
# Posted: 20 Jul 2012 11:32

If you are going off grid and planning to live there full time you should look in northen climates. Since it is really hard to keep cool in the summer down south off grid.

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 20 Jul 2012 11:44

Im am a realestate agent here in Wisconsin if I can help in any way let me know! Some areas of WI you can get for less than a $1000/ acre!

Slodave
# Posted: 20 Jul 2012 12:24 - Edited by: Slodave

hi all thanks for the reply's!!

Systainusfarm ! hey you just might be the person i need to talk too
Do you have a website with the property listings?

Need a piece of property with low property taxes. that i can build a small homestead/cabin. A place i can raise chickens / rabbits etc on.

This would be a permanent year round property. IE i would be moving there and living there.

trees are a absolute must have.

hattie
# Posted: 20 Jul 2012 13:54

Welcome to the forum Slodave....Keep us posted on your search!! Best of luck to you!

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 20 Jul 2012 22:13

Slodave....contact me via email...
drosenlund@realtyexecutives.com
From there we can see what a good plan of action will be for you...

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 20 Jul 2012 22:39 - Edited by: OwenChristensen

I'm sure sustainusfarm knows the best spots.

Owen

Slodave
# Posted: 21 Jul 2012 02:16

Email sent

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.