Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Properties / I'm now serious, I'm selling my land in central MN.
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . >>
neb
# Posted: 20 May 2013 20:01 - Edited by: neb

trollbridge

Well, you are a spring chicken! I finally made it through in year "78". LOL Color was a light blue/gray would be the way I would describe it. Then sold it too an under classman at the time and he had just as much fun as I did with that car.

trollbridge
# Posted: 20 May 2013 22:12

Ha.....you are a spring chicken too, neb
I'm sure the underclassman you sold to did have a great time with the car!

OK Owen...where did you disappear to? I hope everything is okay?

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 21 May 2013 07:53

Internet down! Internet down! Promise me that if I'm gone for too long you guys will call?
Wow! great pictures. I best not comment on your looks, but you know what I'm thinkin'. wink. I'll bet that car is fun........too.
I'm about fifteen years older and I had a Mustang. I've got a good one for you if I can find the pic.
my first car
my first car
fish
fish

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 21 May 2013 07:58

Neb. You find some pictures?

I recently converted old slides to digital so I wouldn't loose them. Now to scan the in between years of photo albums.

trollbridge
# Posted: 21 May 2013 21:28

Very nice 1st ride! Looks fast. Good thing you didn't flip this one on the interstate

a fishing cowboy...I like that

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 23 May 2013 23:58 - Edited by: OwenChristensen

Well I'm building a 14' x 28' cabin for someone in Ely. The first day went good, even if I couldn't get there 'til 11:00 am. Got the blocking , skids, floor joists, decking and a 6 x 28' treated deck all built in less than 7 hours. I'll go back Mon. to raise walls and trusses.
I forgot my good camera and took these cheesy pics. with my little phone. I didn't see any moose, with all the signs I thought I would.
1st
1st
2nd
2nd
3rd
3rd
done and going home
done and going home

trollbridge
# Posted: 24 May 2013 09:44 - Edited by: trollbridge

Wow, you work fast!

I also notice that Ely is way, way behind us down here color-wise. No green yet! Just the pines.

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 24 May 2013 10:02

That's me in the orange shirt. It shows off my belly. Yes, the leaves are still tiny, but the frogs are a singing. They are happy.......horny? Whatever, they're have some kind of fun anyway.

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 26 May 2013 07:09

I got to my own cabin Fri. afternoon and Sat. for a couple walks, break down the beaver dam and a fireside sit.
spring
spring
spring 2
spring 2
new pines
new pines
cow slips
cow slips

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 26 May 2013 07:13

More pictures from yesterday.
screenhouse by the back 40 pond
screenhouse by the back 40 pond
tall pines I planted
tall pines I planted
new ferns
new ferns
tamerack buds
tamerack buds

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 26 May 2013 07:17

Even more pictures.
in the fire
in the fire
on the walk
on the walk
new aspen growth
new aspen growth
rose breasted
rose breasted

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 27 May 2013 07:12

Mon. morn. Lots of people are off today. Not me headed to Ely, MN to work on someone elses cabin. This will be day two. I hire my daughter and her boyfriend for help. I'm hoping to build and raise walls today, build and raise trusses if lucky.

ShabinNo5
# Posted: 27 May 2013 07:42

Owen,

I may be off work, but we are working Continuing to install the T&G flooring in the loft. While unlikely, if you take Hwy 1 to Ely, honk as you drive by the Illgen Falls cabin at Tettegouche State Park.

trollbridge
# Posted: 27 May 2013 22:37

Great pictures Owen! Thanks for the cow slip...now I know

Freezing at Wisconsin Point on Sunday...you didn't tell me the lake was disguised as chocolate milk! We still had a great time...was a fine day for flying kites and watching the youngsters feed the gulls.

Shabin, I would imagine it was quite busy up your way this weekend

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 28 May 2013 01:15 - Edited by: OwenChristensen

Shabin, I'd like to stop and see your cabin. I've been going up hwy 2., but could drive by.
Troll, You did well with the big crowd?

Today went well at the Ely cabin.
noon
noon
3:00
3:00
going home
going home

ShabinNo5
# Posted: 28 May 2013 09:22

Owen, I wish our progress was as fast as yours! You are welcome to stop in anytime. However, this summer involves lots of distractions from the Shabin (Weddings, Graduations, etc). Send me an email to hwy61sail at aol.com and I will provide directions.

trollbridge, Saturday morning discovered that we were missing a few critical items. This required a trip to Duluth and Mendards. Funny thing, on the way back to the Shabin we stumbled across a brewery in the Channal Park area

trollbridge
# Posted: 28 May 2013 23:19

Hahaha...funny how that happens down there at Canal Park

So Menards has all your money, too? We have to stop on our way up Friday nights in Rice Lake, and usually in Superior or Duluth during the weekend - most always Saturday nights. There is always stuff we need and I am forever filling out rebate forms...but I love Menards!

trollbridge
# Posted: 28 May 2013 23:20

Great progress, Owen!

trollbridge
# Posted: 8 Jun 2013 21:37

Owen, did your work on the cabin in Ely this weekend?

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 9 Jun 2013 21:12 - Edited by: OwenChristensen

Hi Troll, Yes we got in another day on Fri. then down to the Cities to watch my son race motorcycle, Old Fort Snelling with two grandsons, Cabellas and Gander MT. Lots of miles. Just got home.
I guess we got enough done Fri. We built the 28' long porch roof, shingled 1/2 the roof, installed all the window and door. Now we can stay overnight in it if we want. Three days of work now. I'd say two more to insulate, panel, trim out windows etc., and shingle the other half of the roof. No pictures, forgot the camera.
I'm booking two more cabins soon. One on the end of the Arrowhead Trail, north of Hoveland and possibly another right at Sturgeon Lake just south of here.
Thanks , for asking, Now to check your site for how your weekend went.
At Cabellas
At Cabellas

trollbridge
# Posted: 9 Jun 2013 22:15

You are so fast at building! It will be nice when you can just sleep there. Cool for booking two more cabins-well, hopefully you get the second one-

Sounds like a fun day in the cities. Did your son do well in his race?

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 10 Jun 2013 07:40

I read your topic post first. Great day today for you and yours.
My son did great in his class, he got forth, he's 37.
I see the weather has been cool and wet too long for all of us in the upper Midwest. I'm glad I didn't take the boys camping this weekend. I also hope I'm done visiting the Cities for a while. I don't belong there.

trollbridge
# Posted: 10 Jun 2013 08:00 - Edited by: trollbridge

Yippee for your son! That's great....I bet you really enjoy watching him.

I don't belong in the cities either....not anymore. I use to cruise all around that traffic in the MG-go shop downtown as a teen-all sorts of things, but now we avoid it if we can. My father is buried at the national cemetery there at Fort Snelling, so I know that area fairly well.

Sure is foggy this morning! Suppose to finally be summer like weather this week. I'm glad looking forward to the sun.

Today is the first day of summer break for my kids and I have a hunch my schedule is going to drastically get busier

Dillio187
# Posted: 10 Jun 2013 09:33

that's funny Owen, you spent the weekend down here, and I spent the weekend north of Grand Rapids at Scenic State Park fishing, hiking, and camping with the family. Fresh fish fry Saturday night did not disappoint.

Yea, the city sucks, which is why I live as far on the north part as I can. Makes getting the heck out of dodge much easier!

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 10 Jun 2013 19:00 - Edited by: OwenChristensen

Dillo, I hope to catch a fish someday. Maybe when I build up on the Arrowhead trail. I might not get a chance while working in Ely, it's just too far back in the woods to work all day then drive to a good lake.

Troll, How's the news for today? I'll ck your topic.

Here's my mother's dads gravestone. I was standing by his side the moment he passed. I was staying with him, because I wasn't feeling good. I should have been helping plant trees on our land. The old Ford tractor was blowing exhaust back into my face the day before, as we were planting the pines. The ones I'm selling for log building now.
Grandpa
Grandpa

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 17 Jun 2013 06:25

My wife and I got to spend the weekend at our cabin. The grass was tall, the beavers had the ponds too high. We still had time to sit by the fire, listen to the sounds of the woods and gawk at the rich green colors. There were deer, bear and raccoons on the game cam.
ferns
ferns
old homested willows
old homested willows
firepit
firepit
cabin in shadow of trees
cabin in shadow of trees

trollbridge
# Posted: 17 Jun 2013 21:10

It sounds like you enjoyed your time away at the cabin together. Yay! I know what you mean about the rich deep green color-every time I'm out the past couple weeks I notice how very, very green the landscape is.

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 19 Jun 2013 07:37

Hey Troll, what do you think of this?
1952_MG.jpg
1952_MG.jpg

trollbridge
# Posted: 19 Jun 2013 17:24 - Edited by: trollbridge

OMG! You bought that for me??? You shouldn't have! Lol!!

What a fantastic car! Somebody is awfully lucky

I can just imagine a warm summers eve on the north shore. The sun is low in the sky and the moon is already rising over Lake Superior. The water is calm and the setting sun is twinkling off the light ripples lapping at the rocky shore. Lovers and families of all different types are out strolling the lake walk. Ice cream cone in hand, and wind blowing my hair, I am enjoying my cruise north to the rose garden. Other drivers smile and wave as they pass by my classic car. I give a toot of the horn and smile back. A late night stroll with my honey is one of my favorite ways to spend a romantic summer evening. After walking amongst the beautiful roses, we stop to gaze at the stunning moon, which by now is gleaming brightly over the glistening water. So many stars above...............

Any car can take you there...but that car sure does take you in STYLE!

Does that adequately convey how I feel about that MG?

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 19 Jun 2013 18:52

You're such a romantic. It is a replica for sale up in Hibbing. I called on it and it's a high quality front engine model, disc brakes and a auto trans. for $8,000. I'm interested, but haven't gone to look yet.

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.