Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Properties / New from PA
Meier21288
# Posted: 15 Dec 2012 17:06

Hello all, im new here, I have a question for people who have built in pa. I am in the planning stages of a cabin in the woods for myself and my wife. we are trying to build it with only us, and cash on hand (no loans and we arnt wealthy), I have been able to convince her that we do or dont need certain things, so that it falls under the category of recreational cabin in pa and therefor avoids building permits. My one question that I cant find is can we hook this up to power and still be classified as recreational, or by hooking into the power utility do we then jump out of that class?

PA_Bound
# Posted: 15 Dec 2012 18:25

Yes... the PA Recreational Cabin Affadavit does not restrict attachment to any utilities. Below is a .jpg of the restrictions noted on my notarized RCA.
RCA restrictions
RCA restrictions

FishPCreek
# Posted: 16 Dec 2012 21:04

That is accurate, although we were required to get a building permit from the township after the affidavit was submitted. They did not require plans though, which was interesting. The only inspections required were electrical as we hooked up to power - inspection of connection by power company, and pre-close-in inspection by township.

optimistic
# Posted: 17 Dec 2012 20:03

PA

I remember you said that you have a compost toilet there but what do you do for grey water?

FishPCreek
# Posted: 18 Dec 2012 23:05

Any grey water I have will go into the privy that is on the land, which is one reason I could not get a holding tank permit as my father in law already had one. Guess I could strategically overland it as it is just drainage from the two sinks.

MtnDon
# Posted: 18 Dec 2012 23:55

Privy pits were not designed for large amounts of liquid waste. You might want to rethink that.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.