Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Properties / advice (southern oregon)
charlie_63
# Posted: 18 Dec 2012 00:35

I am looking to buy land in southern oregon (lake or klamath county )
and am seeking advice. hints, or tips that anyone might have
thanks
charlie

MtnDon
# Posted: 18 Dec 2012 00:41

General advice or something specific to OR zoning and permits, bldg codes?.... They do have some tough laws/rules...

charlie_63
# Posted: 18 Dec 2012 00:52

any thing you could pass on .the property i would like to buy is zoned residential

MtnDon
# Posted: 18 Dec 2012 00:58

Well, I'd suggest you read a lot of the various posts here. Find and read the OR regs... see what laws you will need to observe and then ask more specific questions.

OR has their version of the IRC online

and a list of the other codes used as well

charlie_63
# Posted: 18 Dec 2012 01:10

thanks i have county codes downloaded .i plan on using lot as weekend getaway and homesite later if current plans don't pan out

TheCabinCalls
# Posted: 18 Dec 2012 10:13

From my experience. Ask about all DEED RESTRICTIONS before you buy. Find out if things are selling in the area. If they aren't or there are a lot for sale find out way. If people don't like something about the area then find out why.

Then answer the age old quetsion: what would you do at your cabin? Hike, ski, nothing, read, fish, etc?

Don't let emotion or excitement keep you from fact finding the area and the specific lot. People are putting bizzare deed restrictions these days to keep their property protected.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.