Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Properties / Land Lease Transfer in Quebec
chriscampo
# Posted: 26 Aug 2013 22:53

Hi:

I'm doing some research for my Dad and quite frankly don't know where to begin. My Dad, a US Citizen, owns a cabin on leased land in Val D'or, Quebec. He has decided to sell the cabin and has a buyer but needs to transfer the land lease to the new owner. What is required to complete this transaction? I assume some form can be downloaded and each party of the transaction would sign.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

optimistic
# Posted: 27 Aug 2013 00:13

Don't know how it works in Canada, but pretty sure it is the same as in the USA and other parts of the world - the deed needs to be registered with the government correctly. Usually in the US the title company handles that. I would find a similar entity there and call them up. Should be much money and they will take care of everything.

Both sides have interest here in a correct deed transfer. He wants his land and you don't want to be liable to what he does on this land.

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 27 Aug 2013 10:04

You really need to contact a real estate attorney that is experienced in non resident property sales.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.