Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Properties / Best way to sell my Colorado land
andyll
# Posted: 9 Sep 2013 01:33

I own two 35 acre lots near Canyon City, CO.

1st) Has a small cabin on it with a wood stove. No other utilities. Challenging to get to in winter. I bought it from my Dad 15 years ago.

2nd) It's neighbor. Has a 900 sq ft log cabin on it. Has septic & a well. Much easier access.

After several years of thinking about it I've decided to sell the 1st lot. At my age it's nice to have a real bathroom & kitchen and running water. I could use some of the money to do some much needed upgrades to the log cabin.

The question is how to sell it.

I did contact a Realtor that I knew had sold properties up there before and he wanted 15%.

So all I've done is list it on LandsOfAmerica.com

http://www.landsofamerica.com/colorado/land-for-sale/35-acres-in-Fremont-County-Color ado/id/1498734

I'm trying to get a list of other owners up there to see if there is any interest there.

I listed it on CraigsList.

Where else?

I'm not sure a traditional Realtor is the best way to go for land.

Andy

TheCabinCalls
# Posted: 9 Sep 2013 14:39

Those are good places to start. Try to find free sites that let you list vacation and lake homes. I know there are sites just for that purpose. They seem to get descent traffic.

I have seen them on Ebay. I just don't know their fees. A lot will sell the property for a down payment and then require the remainder at closing to avoid fees.

Dillio187
# Posted: 9 Sep 2013 15:51

like TheCabinCalls said, you will have to get creative to make your property stand out. It's a tough sell these days if the land isn't 'homesteaded' and able to be mortgated for 15 or 30 years, they are requiring up to a 50% down payment on land.

MtnDon
# Posted: 9 Sep 2013 16:03

We found our land on the website of a Realtor located in the area we were interested in.

richmondgolf
# Posted: 9 Sep 2013 21:58

We actually found ours through Zillow. I think you can list it there without having to go through a realtor .

andyll
# Posted: 10 Sep 2013 11:26

Quoting: richmondgolf
We actually found ours through Zillow.

Thanks... I'll check it out.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.