Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Properties / Township of Highlands East Ontario
woodsman
# Posted: 6 Jun 2014 19:35

I am planning on purchasing 50+ acres east of Bancroft ontario and would like to build a hunt camp.
Does anyone know what the restrictions are? Max size etc?

CabinBuilder
Admin
# Posted: 8 Jun 2014 11:53 - Edited by: CabinBuilder

When I checked (~10 years ago, also Bancroft area), no permit was required for a structure less than 10 sq m (approx 100 sq ft). For a larger size structure you need a permit, and that would have to be a proper dwelling in compliance with the building code, ~1000 sq ft minimum (don't recall exact number).
Nothing can be built between 100 and 1000 sq ft.

Bottom line - you need to call their municipal office to get your answers.

Check this for some considerations: http://www.small-cabin.com/small-cabin-building-permit.html

Pookie129
# Posted: 9 Jun 2014 20:17

Hey Woodsman, I too just purchased some property in the Bancroft area and my understanding is that it is 108 sq ft and under no permit (everyone will tell you to keep it at 100 sq but it is actually 108 from what I have come across this far).

What is the zoning?

Good luck and enjoy....

woodsman
# Posted: 9 Jun 2014 22:34

Pookie;
Very cool thanks!
The zoning is that of a mine. The land I purchased has a quarry on it.
Where about in the Bancroft area is your land?

Pookie129
# Posted: 12 Jun 2014 23:58

I'm near McArthur Mills - about 25 mins from Bancroft
Might have different exceptions with mine zoning so you should probably check that.
Is it all quarry? Or you have a mix?

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.