Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Properties / Documentation before buying land - need your advice
swapsun
# Posted: 6 Jul 2010 14:53

What are the necessary pieces of documentation that a seller must produce before one tries to buy land? I was looking at land listings on eBay and found something that I really liked, but with the seller in UT and buyer (me) in NY, it will be difficult to do everything in person...

Rob_O
# Posted: 6 Jul 2010 19:51

Find a title attorney in the area who can take care of things for you. It will make life easier, even if it costs a few hundred bucks

nathanprincipe
# Posted: 9 Jul 2010 13:40

swapsun, I live and bought land in Tx from a man in Oregon, and there were no realtors or attorneys involved. That may not have been the smartest thing but I took the risk and it ended up being a very simple process. I was first able to find out from the county that there were no leans on the property and that the taxes were current to date. Next I had the seller draft up a contract with the terms of agreement and payment, he signed 2 copies, mailed them to me, I signed both and mailed him back 1 signed copy along with the payment and kept a copy for my records, when the seller recieved payment he filed a notarized "quitclaim deed" with the county that granted me the sole owner of the property

unixfmike
# Posted: 12 Jul 2010 21:17

nathan', where is that land in texas?

--mikew

nathanprincipe
# Posted: 13 Jul 2010 00:10

In East Tx on Lake O' The Pines

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.