Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Properties / Julie's in Oregon!
. 1 . 2 . >>
Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 16 Sep 2016 04:33

Hey all!
Finally here, after a wretched, LONG trip! (By the end of it, even the dogs tried to run away when we went to put them back in the car after a dinner break!)

But here's my land! And here's my area! It's all worth it. I am taking a few days to rest and do nothing. Then, it's full steam ahead.

The seller met me and the Realtor out on the property and he showed me where the septic system was going to be sited and where he thought the well should be. (He's a builder.) It's how I envisioned.
my_land.jpg
my_land.jpg
my_trees.jpg
my_trees.jpg
lake_view.jpg
lake_view.jpg
lake.jpg
lake.jpg

naturelover66
# Posted: 16 Sep 2016 07:09

Beautiful!!! Glad you arrived safe n sound. Now the fun begins. l

Littlecooner
# Posted: 16 Sep 2016 08:28

Congratulations, you made it with a lot of sweat, determination and grit. Woo Hoo.

When can we expect the name change to "JulieBNOregon"?

Steve_S
# Posted: 16 Sep 2016 08:34

WOOHOO JULIE ! Big VIRTUAL HUG & a Happy Dance for you ! Now THAT looks like a property that was worth waiting for !

I know how frustrated you got (all too well) but in the end, I think it was worth it, this was certainly meant for you to find.

Gee... I wonder if the Forum will allow a Name Change, somehow I think not too easily.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 16 Sep 2016 08:51

Quoting: Steve_S
Gee... I wonder if the Forum will allow a Name Change, somehow I think not too easily.

Agreed, change to JulieInOregon.

Nice work Julie.

FishHog
# Posted: 16 Sep 2016 09:03

good for you Julie, looks very nice.
I hope you make yourself a wonderful place to relax and unwind.

bldginsp
# Posted: 16 Sep 2016 09:11

Congrats! Looks very nice.

There's a lot of thinning to be done for fire safety, as I'm sure you are aware.

Just
# Posted: 16 Sep 2016 09:34

The air looks cool and clear .Enjoy

Ontario lakeside
# Posted: 16 Sep 2016 09:56

nice lot, can't wait to see the build!

OliveSheep
# Posted: 16 Sep 2016 10:55

Congrats Julie2Oregon!!! Happy for you

LoonWhisperer
# Posted: 16 Sep 2016 10:58

Looks amazing! Congrats and enjoy

Nate R
# Posted: 16 Sep 2016 11:00

Congrats!

Glad the property is what you envisioned, as is the layout, etc. How far is that lake/lake view from your property?

Nirky
# Posted: 16 Sep 2016 11:51

Congratulations! Know it's been a long wait. Are you near Klamath Falls?

hattie
# Posted: 16 Sep 2016 15:29

Congratulations!! Your property looks beautiful. I can't wait to watch as your build progresses. We all want lots and lots of pictures!

Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 16 Sep 2016 17:15

Thank you so much, all!!!! I'm quite over-the-moon about it and can't wait to be living on my land! Yeah, this was worth the wait -- it's a great location and the particulars are spot-on for me.

Nate R
The lake is within walking distance. My land is in the woods on the other side of the state highway that goes alongside the lake. I'm fairly close to the state highway, which is great for access.

Nirky
Thanks! Yes, I'm about 28 miles northwest of Klamath Falls.

NorthRick
# Posted: 16 Sep 2016 18:39

Congratulations! Looks beautiful.

DaveBell
# Posted: 16 Sep 2016 21:19

Very nice!

cabingal3
# Posted: 16 Sep 2016 21:22

yay.u made it here gal.we cant wait to see u.
get settled in and we shall come see your land.should be a blast.what pretty land u have.hugs cabi.

upndown
# Posted: 17 Sep 2016 02:51

Congrats Julie!! Love the lake. Soak it all in, it's been a long road..now let the fun begin!

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 17 Sep 2016 12:41

Julie, what is the elevation? I may have asked this before. The trees are majority Douglas Fir and Ponderosa pine that I can see. I will guess this is just east of the cascade summit or close to it, either side, the elevation is between 2500-4000 feet? You are in a drier climate then in the west side (Willamette Valley, much warmer, and wetter) and in a rain shadow to some extent, but winters will be harsher, colder and lots more snow. Its actually fun, especially with a nice toasty wood stove.

Julie, we want to see loads of pictures, from the first shovel load of dirt to the finished home and all steps in between. Then you can add more photos as you make other improvements on the place.

Looking forward to the photos.

Nirky
# Posted: 17 Sep 2016 14:47

KF is 4100 ft, guessing she's closer to 5000.

cabingal3
# Posted: 17 Sep 2016 15:05

kfalls ,oregon elevation is ...4,099′ft.
where her land is ...is 4255feet elevation.

UPLIBERTY
# Posted: 17 Sep 2016 15:11

Beautiful piece of land Julie. Have fun with your build. So exciting

Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 17 Sep 2016 18:55

cabingal3
Can't wait to see you two!!! Maybe meet in town for lunch or something and then head on up to the land! It's kind of on your way back, with a detour on 140, lol. Let me know when you're in town!

Thanks, upndown! I've got to hustle before the freezes start!

toyota_mdt_tech
Cabi has the elevation right. There will def be snow but I won't be snowbound unless it's a really bad winter. I'm close to the highway which is very well maintained, from the folks I've spoken with. I've got Doug Fir, Ponderosas and Aspens from what I saw so far.

UPLIBERTY
Thank you! It's exciting and a relief at the same time, lol. So much went into finding the right spot.

I hate that we're stuck in a crummy apartment for a bit but what can you do? My original builder is doing a 12 X 16 for me. They've been out-straight busy all year that they've hired another crew so I hope I'll only be in the apartment for a month.

Once the main cabin and all of the utilities are done, that 12 X 16 will be used for some storage and also guests.

The GREAT news is that the side on which I wanted to put the well is nicely elevated! I think I can do a gravity feed down to the cabin with a pressure tank inside!

A basic driveway is in, and the septic side will have no traffic. It's also lower in elevation than where the cabin will be.

bldginsp
# Posted: 17 Sep 2016 20:40

More pics!

Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 17 Sep 2016 21:13

Quoting: bldginsp
More pics!

A girl needs her rest! After 4 days on the road, I'm exhausted. I'm moving into the apartment tomorrow and the movers called to say they're delivering the rest of my stuff Monday morning.

I'm hoping to get out to the land tomorrow afternoon, though. Pics then! I need to draw a diagram of where everything will go for the building department/permits. Then I can get a street number assigned, too!

Cracks me up how tiny my Saabaru looks by those trees.

bldginsp
# Posted: 17 Sep 2016 22:11

Ok. I can wait a day or two.

Bevis
# Posted: 23 Sep 2016 23:28

Congrats on finally attaining your dream. Enjoy and let us enjoy it thru your pics.

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 2 Oct 2016 14:21

Hi Julie, glad to hear you made it!
Your property is beautiful.

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 4 Oct 2016 12:10

Hi Julie hope everything is ok with you.
I don't know if I've told you this,when I was drive a truck over the road I loved going to Oregon.
We have a operating center in Portland so we were able to spend some time there. I loved going shopping at Fred Myers and buying the fresh caught salmon.
Another thing I could not believe was all the wild fruit growing everywhere. I found Marion berries growing in the parking lot of Fred Myers!
We even spent the beginning of a vacation to Kauai,Hawaii for our daughters wedding there.
Flying from Portland instead of our home cut about 12 hours off the flight and $500 per ticket.
Can't wait to hear how the building process is going for you.

. 1 . 2 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.