Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Properties / Better cell service
Wilbour
# Posted: 30 Sep 2016 21:25

So I have been struggling for 3 years with spotty cell service just outside Kingston Ontario. What bothered me most was that a compeating company has a tower within reach. Unfortunately their rates are just as bad.

What I found out was the Quebec telecommunications service Videotron connects with the rest of Canada using Rogers network. And they do this without roaming charges.

So now I sit in my cabin with full bars and 6 gigs of data .

Ontario lakeside
# Posted: 30 Sep 2016 22:17

did you need a quebec address?

LoonWhisperer
# Posted: 1 Oct 2016 09:04

Well played Wilbour. Wondering as well about the Quebec address.

Wilbour
# Posted: 1 Oct 2016 18:47

Quoting: Ontario lakeside
did you need a quebec address

Nope. Ottawa Ontario

Wilbour
# Posted: 1 Oct 2016 18:50

Check those websites that show who's towers are where. I don't stand to gain anything if people sign up. I just figured I got a good deal and solved a problem at the same time

Oh yeah. As an added bonus, you have 6gigs of data but streaming music from big players like Google Music is EXEMPT from your data allotment!

Wilbour
# Posted: 1 Oct 2016 18:52

If you guys want me to share my experience you can fire off an email to roberts2020atgmaildotcom

Steve_S
# Posted: 3 Oct 2016 06:25

Interesting related news story.... Better sit down, what a shocker...

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/provinces-cheapest-cellphone-plans-why-090000835.ht ml

Sure am glad I stick to my guns on Pay as you Go and keep my cell cost down... But luckily my needs / usage is minimal on the shoe phone. What the Market Bears pricing now that the market is saturated with the Cell Addicts and their Smartphones who cannot live without checking FacePox & their emails every 15 minutes...

Wilbour
# Posted: 3 Oct 2016 15:12

Quoting: Steve_S
Cell Addicts and their Smartphones who cannot live without checking FacePox & their emails every 15 minutes...

You forgot updating Small Cabin Forum

Steve_S
# Posted: 3 Oct 2016 19:00

LOL Wilbour, I suppose but as I do not use data on my shoe phone - I'm limited to my Lappie there... But Good Point.

The prices some folks are putting out - sheesh, a freakin car payment ! (ok a cheapo but still)

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.