Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Properties / Liability insurance for Temporary Revocable Permit in NY
Yankee301
# Posted: 16 Oct 2017 13:10 - Edited by: Yankee301

I need a Temporary Revocable Permit to traverse state land and access my camp in Boylston, NY. Along with the permit I need proof of liability insurance that states "The People of the State of New York and the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, its officers and employees as additional insured". Has anyone got this insurance before? Or maybe someone could direct me to a local Jefferson or Oswego County insurance agent with experience in this. Thanks for your help.

Littlecooner
# Posted: 16 Oct 2017 20:14

Wow. existing camp? a permit to be on public land? over an existing roadway? and insurance? does your regular auto insurance not insure you for such activities? it is liability insurance for all operations of your vehicle, or does it have an excluding clause to say if you are access over state land, it is void.

I can understand use of a "non public" road over a state owned property requiring a permit. I really do not understand why your normal auto insurance or if ATV or UTV liability insurance would not cover all occurrences. Just asking here since you posted for insurance information. Several years ago, started hunting in WY where ATV and UTV are legal everywhere except the interstate system. I purchase an insurance policy just like an auto insurance policy which covers me anywhere inside the state (except the interstates, where I would be illegal).

Wondering length of road over state lands and what the required permit cost on an annual basis.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.