Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Properties / Minimum Cabin Size // Huntsville Ontario
Ebbie
# Posted: 15 Jul 2018 16:39

Hello, I am once again thinking of what to do with my already very old cabin on my property. I have looked through a few PDF documents online, but cannot find the following:

What is the minimum size permitted for a principal dwelling in Huntsville, Ontario?

Can anyone confirm that it is 800 square feet? And attach a link as to where I can find this documentation?

I've found information about accessory building sizes, private cabin sizes etc... but nothing to the effect of a principal dwelling.

As for my cabin, it is about 950 square feet... however, I am wondering if I would be able to legally tear down a section (as the most recent addition is in terrible condition) and then either add a new addition to ensure it is 800 square feet, or be able to leave as is... with a by law variance - so it would be 750 square feet.

Ahhh, it's nice to dream! :D

ICC
# Posted: 15 Jul 2018 17:54

It is usually best to check with the authority having jurisdiction. A Google search found lots of documents about zoning regs... one at something like 104 pages long. Made me cringe. Anyhow, I would make some phone calls to the zoning folks in the area. Or drop by the office if you are nearby.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.