Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Properties / Marking property lines?
Cs2074
# Posted: 10 Aug 2018 13:51

My property has about 2000 feet of creek frontage and I have always said the creek is the line. With recent floods I was able to find a few pins that I was not able to find before.

Currently the pins a rebar flush to the ground on a stream bank or in the stream.

I would like to mark them someway I can easily see them and they will not get buried in leaves and debris. There are 15 pins on my survey map just on the creek side of the property.

Any suggestion?

creeky
# Posted: 10 Aug 2018 14:45

By my creek I put steel posts in close to the pins. I had tape around trees close by but that only lasts so long.

NorthRick
# Posted: 10 Aug 2018 16:18

You could get longer rebar and pound it in so it sticks up a bit. Put something over the top so no one gets impaled if they trip and fall on it.

AK Seabee
# Posted: 11 Aug 2018 00:44

Fiberglass delineator works great for marking property corners.

old243
# Posted: 12 Aug 2018 22:05

I marked the corners of our property , using a piece of pipe driven in beside the survey bars. If you have a hand held GPS, you can mark your bars , as waypoints as well, and record the co-ordinates, on paper as well for your records. This can be an interesting project. Our hunt club property consists of 5- 100 acre lots. so lots of walking and time in the bush. old 243

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.