Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Properties / Buying Group/Offgrid Community
Denteddagger
# Posted: 21 Nov 2018 00:06

I do not know if this has been brought up yet or ever, I have tried searching the forums to no avail.
Recently i have been trying to find a lot of land to park a camper and build off grid, but have come to realize that in order to get decent land in a Unorganized township you have to buy large acreages (40 to 200) and in most cases its not that expensive per acre but to buy it as a whole is pricey, I then thought that maybe trying to get 10 to 20 people involved in buying 100 to 200 acres for $20 to 30 K is a smart way of doing it and in doing it you can have contract in place to protect everyone, and in doing so create a stewardship with a council of peers to manage the land. More details can be discussed to further develop the land to the needs of the people involved. Since most people that want to go off grid are of like mind and lifestyle then things can be discussed with a common goal.

Princelake
# Posted: 21 Nov 2018 09:58

I'm not sure if you have the up front down payment but buy it yourself. Then subdivide it into lots and lease the property. You would be a landlord and possibly have income coming in.
My property where I'm building my cabin is on privately owned property and I lease from the land owner. He has the road gated and around 50 lots on 7 different lakes. Has all the equipment, he out in roads and leveled land all lake front properties. I paid a one time upfront fee for my private road and cleared ready to build lot. He's gone to lawyers had a very large agreement made and basically no way He can get me to leave unless I stop paying my yearly lease and can only increase my lease fee in very small percentages over a long period of time like a rental house.

Princelake
# Posted: 21 Nov 2018 10:08

www.kijiji.ca/v-other-real-estate/sault-ste-marie/waterfront-cottage-lots-kabenung-pr incess-white-water-lily-lake/1378573624?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Here's the link

Denteddagger
# Posted: 21 Nov 2018 12:06

I am looking more towards southern ontario, as well as i want it to be a starting point for people looking to make the move and with time be able to buy a chunk of land on their own, or something along that line. I have come across a few instances where this is happening but in the wrong areas. Just trying to get a feel out there to see if others have being on the same path as I am.
Appreciate the advice i looked into it since i am from Wawa

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.