Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Properties / I would like to see pictures of your cabin and land
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . 9 . >>
neb
# Posted: 2 Apr 2011 17:55

There is some nice looking land you guys have.

rugercaptain
# Posted: 5 Apr 2011 16:01

Hello, all. I'm a lurker-turned-member. Love looking at all of the pics and reading the stories. Sigh...makes me homesick for the place I used to have in SE Ohio. 90+ acres, used to go deer hunting there. First structure we built was a 12x16 barn used as a primitive hunting cabin. Then two years later we built a "real" house (small, nothing elaborate) with indoor plumbing and everything! :-)

But...I sold it two years ago to pay for law school tuition. Now I'm debt-free and have the itch to buy another plot of ground, build a small cabin, and go hunting again.

This law stuff is for the birds. :-(

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 5 Apr 2011 21:05

Quoting: rugercaptain
build a small cabin, and go hunting again.

how could you ever stop????.............not me i love the outdoors, hunting , and deer camps..............hope you get a new camp going soon.....

neb
# Posted: 22 Apr 2011 21:55

rugercaptain

Do it before you get to old. It would of been nice to do something like this when I was in my 30's. Then of course I had a family and just didn't have the money. I still don't have the money but did it any way. I hope you find a place.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 30 Apr 2011 09:20

Quoting: hattie
Wow - how strange. Here in BC you can't kill beaver. My step-son had some property that became flooded because of beaver dams and he was told "tough luck".

Suppose said beaver died of natural causes, say "lead poisoning" :D

hattie
# Posted: 30 Apr 2011 13:15

Quoting: toyota_mdt_tech
Suppose said beaver died of natural causes, say "lead poisoning" :D

Ha! *S* Nah, they just sold the house and bought somewhere else. They had owned 5 acres where they were but after the beavers moved in, most of it was under water.

neb
# Posted: 16 May 2011 22:41

honusbam
Great looking land.

dstraate
# Posted: 18 May 2011 16:48

Here's a few looks at the place, (and the print of a six toed bear that lives there too)

8200ft. in the Rockies
IMG_1504.JPG
IMG_1504.JPG

TomChum
# Posted: 18 May 2011 16:58

Wow, now that's a water feature. Is that lake on your land? Do you have a cabin on the land?

neb
# Posted: 18 May 2011 20:52

Very nice and where in the rockies?

avan
# Posted: 18 May 2011 23:49

our place.
cabane8X12.jpg
cabane8X12.jpg
ruisseau5D224105..jpg
ruisseau5D224105..jpg

neb
# Posted: 20 May 2011 20:18

avan

Very very nice.

hattie
# Posted: 20 May 2011 21:10

avan - Your place is beautiful!!

bushbunkie
# Posted: 23 May 2011 10:11

very nice, Avan....where you located?

ssaunder2
# Posted: 23 May 2011 13:27

Hi Jvgo,

I am looking at building something similar. Starting with a shed and then customizing it. Unfortunately, I will have to pay to have this done. Can you please tell me what sife is your shed and about how much it costs? Did you do the work yourself?

avan
# Posted: 24 May 2011 13:54 - Edited by: avan

Thanks all, we are located south of the quebec province in the eastern township. we are close to the USA frontier. an other picture of our stream with the small bridge (32ft) I have built.
ruisseauetpontweb.jpg
ruisseauetpontweb.jpg

swapsun
# Posted: 25 May 2011 18:22 - Edited by: swapsun

Our little piece of magic...
Cabin - from the approach road
Cabin - from the approach road
A small beaver pond on the property
A small beaver pond on the property
On the trail behind the land
On the trail behind the land
Campfire going with the kids frolicking...
Campfire going with the kids frolicking...

neb
# Posted: 25 May 2011 21:49

Very nice place you have there.

hattie
# Posted: 26 May 2011 18:39

swapsun - Looks like a piece of heaven to me. Beautiful! I love to see kids playing the way kids should be playing (exploring outside in the fresh air instead of in front of a tv) *S*

Yesterday on our way home from the plant nursery, I spotted a little boy of about 4 years, helping his parents do some weeding. He was decked out in a really cute cowboy outfit complete with hat. He had a little wagon beside him and he was loading it up with weeds that had been pulled from the garden. It was something that you so rarely see kids doing nowadays that I felt like I was looking back in time. It did my heart good to see it. *S*

swapsun
# Posted: 27 May 2011 08:43

Hattie,

Thanks very much. Everytime we go there, the kids get the pride of place on the trip and they enjoy it immensely...

Thank you, Neb!

Montanan
# Posted: 28 May 2011 01:08

I am also a lurker turned member. I just found this thread and have enjoyed reading about everyone's land and cabins- some fabulous places!

My husband and I bought 32 acres last summer and hired a company to build the shell of the cabin (hand crafted lodgepole pine.) It is 22x26'. We will spend the summer doing everything else ourselves. The builder just finished assembling the shell on the site last week and we hoped to go up this weekend put tar paper on the exposed wood roof panels and plastic over the window and door openings (we live 2.5 hrs away from the property.) Unfortunately, we have been thwarted by weather. It is snowing there and the main road there is closed due to flooding. Even if we could get there, everything is wet and our 3 young children would be pretty miserable camping in 28 F degree temps. Sigh...so, we'll have to suck it up and deal with it next weekend. Anyway, here are a couple of photos.
Reassembly at site
Reassembly at site
Exterior- shell finished
Exterior- shell finished
Interior main floor
Interior main floor
Interior loft
Interior loft

Erins#1Mom
# Posted: 28 May 2011 10:58

swapsun,
your place looks like I picture heaven....

neb
# Posted: 28 May 2011 23:31

Montanan

That is very nice. I take it you live in Mt and I do as well. You have a great view.

Montanan
# Posted: 29 May 2011 16:32

Thanks Neb. Yes, we live in Billings (but the property is in the Little Belts.) Where are you in MT?

neb
# Posted: 29 May 2011 22:25 - Edited by: neb

I live in Sidney and own some land in the breaks on the Yellowstone. You really have a great place and the belts are a very nice place. I elk hunted that area for many years and is great country. The shack I'm putting up wouldn't make a good out building for that nice cabin.

Montanan
# Posted: 30 May 2011 18:56

Neb~

I checked out your photos and it looks like you have a great location with a nice little cabin coming along. Thanks for the kind words about ours. It's a financial stretch for us and I have a lot of respect for those of you doing it all yourselves for a much lower cost than our shell. We're looking forward to working on it this summer to get it done, though. Thankfully, since we're both teachers, my husband and I have the summers pretty free.

TomChum
# Posted: 1 Jun 2011 14:58 - Edited by: TomChum

Here is a photo of our driveway.
April 16 2010 with logging slash from ~1998
---->
then May 31 2011 after burning huge piles of sticks

It's hard to believe it's only been 14 months since closing on the land.
Driveway 13 months later
Driveway 13 months later

hilltop
# Posted: 1 Jun 2011 21:21

View off my deck this Spring , I had a small water hole & spring that I just had dug out to 18 by 40 ft and about 8 deep.
Pond
Pond
deck
deck

neb
# Posted: 4 Jun 2011 22:31

Montanan
Keep us informed on that cabin I really want to see more pictures as you progress.

TomChum
You have done a lot of work on the clean up and you have a great piece of land.

hilltop
Very nice place and great view. There is so many great places that everyone has.

husker16
# Posted: 14 Jul 2011 23:29

hattie, what exactly is your business? You're place looks awesome!

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . 9 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.