Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Properties / Upstate NY property
moneypitfeeder
# Posted: 5 Jun 2019 20:08

Hi All,
Not affiliated, but this property that adjoins my property has been for sale for a long time. It is currently less than $1,000 an acre, and I'd love to see someone that loves "cabin life" buy it. If you are looking in upstate NY, than you should take a look at this listing, it is "remote" without being completely remote and is surrounded by state game lands (or our property). The creek below the property (it sits on a cliff) is lovely and full of brook trout and crayfish. http://realestate.syracuse.com/RealEstate?classification=real+estate&temp_type=detail &tp=RE_syr&property=GSAR&finder=buy&ad_id=1084384663

I don't hunt, but there are black bears, deer, ruffed grouse, & maybe turkey . . . they are around, but I haven't seen them at our cabin, just nearby. The property is also close to Pulaski if salmon fishing is of interest.

Brettny
# Posted: 5 Jun 2019 20:41

Thats not to bad of a deal but i bet its about 5hrs from the hudson valley?

Alot of the issues (and readon why we bought land only) with a prebuilt camp is most where made from litteraly junk by someone who dosnt know much. They also wanted an arm and a leg for there poorly built shack. This dosnt look like its built like crap.

deercula
# Posted: 5 Jun 2019 21:44

150 inches of snow per year.........yikes!

Brettny
# Posted: 6 Jun 2019 06:58

Thats prob what helps keep the population at 6mi per person. Seclusion..you cant get that every where in NY.

moneypitfeeder
# Posted: 6 Jun 2019 20:03

It's about 3-1/2 hours from the Hudson Valley I think from Google maps, but I'm not sure what that matters for? However, our camp nearby was the one built from scraps to make a "camp" until they could build the much nicer (from what I've been told) camp in the listing. I haven't seen the interior structure of it beneath the walls, (quick glance it was nice) but ours is more of a "shack," however our location is better (IMO). Originally I've been told the properties were both owned by the same people. We don't go up in the winter, but many people nearby are big into snowmobiles, so for them, the ridiculous amount of snow comes in handy!

spoofer
# Posted: 7 Jun 2019 08:24

My Cabin is about 6 miles from there. YES we get 20-30 feet of snow a year. It's usually gone by the 4th of July though lol. Land in this area does average about 1k an acre though. The fishing is World Class. The hunting is a lot tougher. Because of the remoteness these animals are much wearier of odors, car doors etc. I have seen deer bust me at half a mile. Downstate you can practically shoot one anytime. ATV use on many roles is legal as long as you are registered and insured. Snowmobiles still rule though. I heard that there were over 3000 members in the local Oswego / Osceola atv club.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.