Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Northern wisconsin cabin
<< 1 ... 18 . 19 . 20 . 21 . 22 . 23 . 24 . 25 . 26 . 27 . 28 ... 33 . 34 . >>
Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 2 Apr 2013 17:32

Well all.....It just so happens I have a pattern for the best felted clogs! Great for going to the outhouse!
image.jpg
image.jpg

trollbridge
# Posted: 3 Apr 2013 16:12

How much $$$$ Dave??? I could use a pair

trollbridge
# Posted: 10 Apr 2013 16:44

Got to go to the cabin this past weekend....ahhhhhhhhhhhh
We didn't kill ourselves working, but we got some stuff done. It snowed a little, which was fun. Here are a bunch of pictures...
sleeping beauty
sleeping beauty
and_cabin_loft_raili.jpg
and_cabin_loft_raili.jpg
and_cabin_loft_raili.jpg
and_cabin_loft_raili.jpg
and_cabin_loft_raili.jpg
and_cabin_loft_raili.jpg

trollbridge
# Posted: 10 Apr 2013 16:51 - Edited by: trollbridge

We left a little treat for whoever is luckiest to find it first...pancakes(sorry...no bacon left!).

We finished our cabinet doors for the kitchen...still need to paint the hinges black...forgot the paint.
treats!
treats!
doors
doors
and_cabin_loft_raili.jpg
and_cabin_loft_raili.jpg
and_cabin_loft_raili.jpg
and_cabin_loft_raili.jpg

hattie
# Posted: 10 Apr 2013 16:55

Love, love, love the cabinet doors!! You are soooo talented and I am soooo jealous!

trollbridge
# Posted: 10 Apr 2013 17:02

We made donuts on the woodstove...yum, a new cabin tradition...rolled in cinnamon sugar and eaten warm...pretty much died and went to heaven!

We also put carpet in our bedroom. Sure is nice on the footsies!
donuts
donuts
carpet
carpet
all done
all done
little shelf
little shelf

trollbridge
# Posted: 10 Apr 2013 17:24

We flipped the "trout" panel right side up.

We put up this wall the last trip. It is more of that siding from the church, but flipped to the backside. I like the little white paint showing.
trout
trout
Noelle
Noelle
wall
wall
one of the quilts I made
one of the quilts I made

trollbridge
# Posted: 10 Apr 2013 17:33

Put the kids to work collecting sticks and making fake marshmallows out of clay to hang up at "camp". I like the fun look for kids...too bad the interior ceiling of the bunk still needs painting not looking forward to that job.
and_cabin_loft_raili.jpg
and_cabin_loft_raili.jpg
and_cabin_loft_raili.jpg
and_cabin_loft_raili.jpg
and_cabin_loft_raili.jpg
and_cabin_loft_raili.jpg
and_cabin_loft_raili.jpg
and_cabin_loft_raili.jpg

trollbridge
# Posted: 10 Apr 2013 17:43

loft space. Going to be finishing off the walls up here probably next. We agreed on a paint color...hope it doesn't disappoint us. Then it will be hardwood flooring...going to be ripping some out of a house soon.
and_cabin_loft_raili.jpg
and_cabin_loft_raili.jpg

trollbridge
# Posted: 10 Apr 2013 17:46

Thank you Hattie! The doors were fun to do...next time I would begin with a design plan...punching tin without a plan is dangerous! LOL! ya just keep going and going cause it is so addicting!

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 10 Apr 2013 19:49

Wow! It's looking good. Noelle is getting big and beautiful. She's very bright eyed.

Owen

naturelover66
# Posted: 10 Apr 2013 20:48

LOVE your quilt........... actually....... I love the whole cabin.....
and your adorable little snickerdoodle Noelle. What a perfectly wonderful place she has to grow up in ..... and explore.

trollbridge
# Posted: 11 Apr 2013 17:35

Thanks Owen and Nature lover!
It was a real nice weekend. Little Noelle loves to look all around. So much to examine at the cabin compared to at home!
She is growing too fast though-can't believe she will turn 4 months in a couple days

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 12 Apr 2013 11:06

I can't get out today. I've spent the last few hours snowblowing, but the road isn't plowed yet. Windy and nasty. If it clears up , I'm going to go for a snowmobile ride. We still had a good base before this storm.
remember the kids airplane?
remember the kids airplane?
My home april 12th, '13
My home april 12th, '13

trollbridge
# Posted: 12 Apr 2013 12:57

Hey Owen...looks like that plane has been grounded due to a lack of de-icing capabilities!!! Your home is sitting pretty in all that beautiful snow though-I like your pergola, me thinks it will be a while before you are enjoying it again

We were suppose to get a foot here at home yesterday, but it went to you instead. We got some, and more overnight, but I sure wish I was snowed in at the cabin!!! We haven't been snowmobiling this year due to Noelle, but when I see the trails, it really makes me miss it! I can't recall a year that went this late into spring, can you? It is good for all the businesses that benefit from people out sledding. They need it.

How much snow would you estimate you've got? The snow cover map shows 18-24 inches at our cabin, but when I walked the woods last weekend there was about 10-12 I'm guessing. I hope when it all melts it fills our pond!

If you get out on your sled today, enjoy the ride and beauty for me too!

shooter mcgavin
# Posted: 12 Apr 2013 15:53

Nice pictures especially a smiling baby. I miss them days.
We didnt get much snow in Chicago and I like winter.
I guess it's true, it can't snow in hell!
I hate Chicago.

trollbridge
# Posted: 12 Apr 2013 16:30

You keep plugging away...you'll be out of there soon!!!

I'm thinking these spring snowstorms must be hard to track cause the weatherman sure has been wrong a lot lately! My best bet is to just look out the window...kinda sad with all the technology out there!

Thank you for the nice comments! Both the cabin and little Noelle have brought us many happy days. There is nothing like watching a baby learn and grow!

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 12 Apr 2013 19:09

All the kids had the day off. I snowblew and then went for a ride.
my ride today
my ride today
the North Shore trail
the North Shore trail

trollbridge
# Posted: 12 Apr 2013 21:00 - Edited by: trollbridge

Ahhh, very nice Owen. It is snowing here again right now. Did the snow end for you yet?

The trails are in great shape! No snirt...nice and pretty! Thanks for the pics, but now I'm really wishing I were there If we didn't have other obligations this weekend, I would have already packed my bag and high-tailed it out a here!!!

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 12 Apr 2013 23:14 - Edited by: OwenChristensen

It's after ten, company went home and yes, it still snowing a little.
Sun. there's another 4 to 6'' coming, then yet another storm later in the week.

Owen

trollbridge
# Posted: 13 Apr 2013 09:55 - Edited by: trollbridge

Good morning, Owen. It's snowing here again . I heard about more snow tomorrow-we are suppose to be in the Twin Cities, but we'll see. I love this long winter...it is so pretty outside!

Enjoy your day...is the ice breaking on the "big lake"? Doesn't shipping generally start back up in April?

MJW
# Posted: 13 Apr 2013 10:51

Love your loft and that bunk bed is awesome.

shooter mcgavin
# Posted: 13 Apr 2013 15:30

I like your daughters smile like she knows something but isn't telling.
Do you see a Tom-Boy in the future?

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 13 Apr 2013 16:58

Well you asked.
Went to see the swimmers
Went to see the swimmers

trollbridge
# Posted: 13 Apr 2013 18:09

Thanks MJW! I think I will sleep in it one of these nights...gotta try out all the different beds, right?!

Shooter...psssst.....come here...don't tell anybody, but I have a huge secret...............................................! Oh, and my mom is sappy today because today I turned 4 months old! Don't get her started about what she thinks I will be like in the future...she'll go on and on about how she hopes I am healthy and silly and adventurous and kind and sweet and blah, blah...I've been hearing it from her my whole life!!! She means well...she loves me to the moon and back
secrets...
secrets...

trollbridge
# Posted: 13 Apr 2013 18:16

Thanks for the picture, Owen...you smart alec I asked about ships, not swimmers! lol

I do see a ship out there. I went to Duluth Shipping News and I see there are 9 out in the lake waiting to come in and 4 in the harbor. Pretty exciting...wish I was there! We need to get to the lake soon. I love watching the ships come in and out. I find it interesting to know what they are loaded with and what country they are headed to or from. You are lucky you live up there

shooter mcgavin
# Posted: 13 Apr 2013 20:07

Noelle, Happy four months! Your spelling and grammar are pretty good for your young age.
Now I have a secret for you. You have some dribble on your chin but it happens to all of us so don't worry. Just use your sleeve and don't tell your mom!

trollbridge
# Posted: 13 Apr 2013 21:51

Oops! You should have seen my diaper earlier...

Owen...another assignment for you-lol- see if you can see the northern lights tonight and snap a picture OK?! I hope to see them from here, but I doubt I will.

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 14 Apr 2013 08:32 - Edited by: OwenChristensen

Yeah, the ice blew in hard against the entry. As the wind backed off they got a cut through and two at a time they pushed their way in.
leaving
leaving
this is the musum ship
this is the musum ship

trollbridge
# Posted: 14 Apr 2013 13:56

That's what I read-that the channel had to be reopened. Are you getting the 4-6 inches of snow? It is snowing here, but will be changing over to rain.

I didn't see the Northern Lights last night, did you? Have you ever seen them up there? I've seen incredible pictures people have taken over the lake of the sky...that is really something!

<< 1 ... 18 . 19 . 20 . 21 . 22 . 23 . 24 . 25 . 26 . 27 . 28 ... 33 . 34 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.