Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Northern wisconsin cabin
<< 1 ... 27 . 28 . 29 . 30 . 31 . 32 . 33 . 34 . >>
Martian
# Posted: 10 Aug 2013 19:22

You're right, Owen, everything has it's limitations. I'm the kind of guy that thinks something has to perform more than one function to have a place in my world.

I cut my firewood off the surrounding ranches here. That means following a cattle trail after driving down a county road while pulling a 5X10 trailer for hauling out the wood. And getting back out, again with a full trailer! The Jeep does all these quite well, and I can take it to Walmart, too. Its 30 miles away! My dogs would probably turn on me if I ever got rid of their Jeep.

Tom

trollbridge
# Posted: 10 Aug 2013 20:08

Here is the new toy:
aug._2013_014.jpg
aug._2013_014.jpg
aug._2013_011.jpg
aug._2013_011.jpg

trollbridge
# Posted: 10 Aug 2013 20:11

and some others.
July_2628_2013_011.jpg
July_2628_2013_011.jpg
July_2628_2013_008.jpg
July_2628_2013_008.jpg
sometimes ya just can't stay awake til the end of the graham cracker!
sometimes ya just can't stay awake til the end of the graham cracker!

trollbridge
# Posted: 10 Aug 2013 20:18 - Edited by: trollbridge

Pattison State Park...
july_2013_033.jpg
july_2013_033.jpg
I think I see Dillios place!
I think I see Dillios place!
july_2013_059.jpg
july_2013_059.jpg

trollbridge
# Posted: 10 Aug 2013 20:24

Beautiful evening here so I'm going out for my walk

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 10 Aug 2013 20:31

Wow, nice pictures of Noelle. The Ranger looks like fun. Nice pictures of WI too. Doesn't MR. Troll ever post? I think we'd get along. I'd have to stop flirting I suppose.

Noelle is so dang cute.

trollbridge
# Posted: 10 Aug 2013 22:51 - Edited by: trollbridge

Thanks Owen,
I just got back from my walk. Two hours of elevated heart rate-pitter patter, thumpity thump!...I covered some miles tonight! It was awesome! Such a beautiful summer evening!

Noelle, sweet little baby, I think she's awfully cute, too.......LOL, she's a sweetheart and such a love and she is just beginning to learn to scoot around and crawl-you know what that means....yikes!

Hahaha...don't stop flirting.....it will keep him on his toes LOL...I'm sure you would get along great-you both like your boy toys!
Remember when I told you he bought the golf cart? It was super cute but he resold it a week later and waited to find this Ranger. I hope it turns out to be all he wants it to be.

So Martian,
Are you hiding the fact that you must have a flying saucer? I noticed you avoided that question

Martian
# Posted: 11 Aug 2013 00:50

Quoting: trollbridge
Hahaha...don't stop flirting

I didn't know flirting was allowed. I better take my spaceship and go home

Tom.

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 11 Aug 2013 10:52

Any toy in particular? I have a few second choices, like my snowmobile and Bronco etc. I can only wish for spaceship.
Did you ever see the house that has one though the roof?

b

trollbridge
# Posted: 11 Aug 2013 14:00 - Edited by: trollbridge

HUH?

I can't follow my own thread anymore It is making me think too hard, and that might hurt my head!

I was being facetious. I hereby declare this a no flirt zone I don't want misunderstandings. Martian, don't go home, stay please As I say with my kids....(((GROUP HUG))) LOL...they hate it, they groan, but afterwards they are all happy again

It's a beautiful sunny day out. I hope you all are having a great day. I'm doing yard work next. I gotta get our dead trees cut down. Clearly, they will not be reviving themselves much as I willed them to try

soooooooo.....I just knew it was true.......................I knew you must have a spaceship!

Martian
# Posted: 11 Aug 2013 14:23 - Edited by: Martian

Oh. Okay. Message received. I've turned round. All I was doing was hanging out up here by your moon, waiting for my next destination to be programed, anyway.

Flirting is particularly dangerous to Martians. Rumor has it that the ship Owen is talking about, the one stuck in the roof of that house, was caused by flirting. I knew the pilot, and he had a habit of flirting with the wrong women on every planet he visited. It may have been a well-placed blast from a shotgun wielding male earthling that did him in!

You see, the oxygen here disables our propriety filters. Sometimes, once we start flirting it gets carried too far. We are trained at interstellar ship command to avoid this danger. We've noticed over the millennia that there are very few acceptable outcomes when Martians engage in this activity in an oxygen rich environment. Not only are our propriety filters disabled, but the speed of our retorts is also increased. This is like passing through an asteroid belt at max velocity...it may be fun, but its really dangerous!

Tom

trollbridge
# Posted: 11 Aug 2013 20:09

Oh brother!

Propriety filters, huh? Interesting!

Martian
# Posted: 11 Aug 2013 20:23 - Edited by: Martian

Propriety filters, huh? Interesting!

Yes. They took years to develop. Originally, when we had no filters, it was chaos! We'd land on these oxygen rich planets, and the next thing you know, the population would explode! For years, we were only allowed to land on planets with nitrogen based atmospheres. However, the life forms on those planets would have precluded any desire to expand the population, anyway. We Martian's are very selective.

trollbridge
# Posted: 12 Aug 2013 09:05

Happy Monday!

I know somebody with a WILD imagination!!! Worse than mine... Martians are odd creatures!

Are you off to Willow River today, Owen?

Mr. Troll is out giving the 3 older grandkids their first ride in the Ranger...I could hear them squealing with delight!

Martian
# Posted: 12 Aug 2013 09:36

I know somebody with a WILD imagination!!! Worse than mine... Martians are odd creatures!

We Martians value imagination very highly. If not for having vivid ones, we'd still be stuck on Mars. You've seen the pictures coming from that cute little vehicle you Earthlings sent us. Wouldn't you like to see something different if you lived there? I thought so.

Tom

trollbridge
# Posted: 12 Aug 2013 09:46

oh yes...I'm quite happy to be on planet earth

Dillio187
# Posted: 12 Aug 2013 15:30

love the Ranger XP. I wanted one until I saw they were 1200lbs and classified as a Class 2 ATV in Minnesota, which drastically reduces the trails you can ride on, so now I'm looking for a Polaris Rzr. Not as utilitarian, but with my trailer it will do fine, and I can take it out on all the ATV trails and have some fun too!

Martian
# Posted: 12 Aug 2013 15:41

oh yes...I'm quite happy to be on planet earth

Yeah! Me, TOO!

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 12 Aug 2013 17:01

We're close to starting that job, even before being done on the other, just works out that way.
It makes us Dads happy to give those ride, be it tractor, cycle, or side by side. He's a lucky man and so are the kids.

O

naturelover66
# Posted: 12 Aug 2013 20:24

Noelle Is Adorable........

Lisa

Martian
# Posted: 13 Aug 2013 09:07

Quoting: naturelover66
Noelle Is Adorable........

Isn't she! If I were to have a daughter, I'd want her to be just like Noelle!

Tom

LakeSuperior5
# Posted: 13 Aug 2013 13:08

Noelle is growing so fast. Time sure does fly. Looks like you have been very busy!

trollbridge
# Posted: 15 Aug 2013 10:35

Dillio,
The Ranger should be fun....the thing is HUGE! It is sitting in the garage right now and takes up nearly the same space as my mini van and is almost taller!!!! Trail rides should be enjoyable.

Owen,
Our granddaughter, Morgan, says "Can we go for a Ranger danger ride???" She loves it, as do the others!

Martian,
If she were your daughter she would have little antennae on her head

Lisa and L. Sup 5,
She is so big! The time is flying by way, way too fast I always said that if that first year lasted for two years it would be perfect...I still feel that way

Not going to the cabin again this weekend....may not get there again until Labor Day. I can imagine things are very overgrown....another reason to love fall and winter so much!

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 15 Aug 2013 11:29

I took two of the little ones on a tractor ride last night. A few weeks ago the little Lars saw the loader setting removed and almost cried saying oooh nooo, tractor broken. Cute bugger.

trollbridge
# Posted: 15 Aug 2013 11:32

LOL...my grandson, Preston(2), is obsessed with tractors!!!!! It was his first word even!!!

Martian
# Posted: 15 Aug 2013 12:23 - Edited by: Martian

Martian, If she were your daughter she would have little antennae on her head

That's the sci-fi version of Martians! We really don't have antennas. We do have very sensitive receptors which allow for maintaining mental connections with those we are close to, emotionally, but they aren't sensitive enough for Martian males to read the thoughts of Martian females. Its one of the characteristics we share with human males. They can't read minds either! LOL

However, Noelle would fit in quite well in the Martian world. She is really cute, and receptor development can be learned. As she grows up, I have no doubt there will be ample opportunity for her to enhance her ability to maintain a connection with someone she is emotionally attracted to.

Tom

trollbridge
# Posted: 15 Aug 2013 12:34 - Edited by: trollbridge

well...isn't that the truth!
Life would be a lot easier if males would learn how to read our fine female brains! Are Martian female brains superior to males, just like us earthlings?

My little Ellie would be adorable even if she had antenna and one eyeball in the center of her head. I love her so much!

Martian
# Posted: 15 Aug 2013 12:47

Are martian female brains superior to males, just like us earthlings?

I have been asked that same question by them! I will give you the answer I gave when they asked....OF COURSE!!

LOL

trollbridge
# Posted: 15 Aug 2013 12:52

You Martians are smarter than you look!!!

Martian
# Posted: 15 Aug 2013 12:53

My little Ellie would be adorable even if she had antenna and one eyeball in the center of her head. I love her so much!

I'm sure she would, but it might indicate there was a Vesuvian in your life! LOL

<< 1 ... 27 . 28 . 29 . 30 . 31 . 32 . 33 . 34 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.