Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Northern wisconsin cabin
<< 1 ... 27 . 28 . 29 . 30 . 31 . 32 . 33 . 34 . >>
trollbridge
# Posted: 30 Oct 2013 18:01

couple last ones...the last one shows Noelle with her plate on her head...she's such an imp! LOL...it was spaghetti that night for dinner....it's always when it's spaghetti
DSCN3843.JPG
DSCN3843.JPG
DSCN3751.JPG
DSCN3751.JPG

hattie
# Posted: 30 Oct 2013 19:23

Noelle is so adorable! Your place looks amazing! I LOVE that stone wall. You did an incredible job on it!!

trollbridge
# Posted: 30 Oct 2013 19:28

Thanks Hattie! We still need to clean the dried grout off the stones and then seal it, but otherwise we are pleased Hope you and Bob are doing well!

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 30 Oct 2013 19:33

It all looks great. It looks so different as the seasons change. I have to say though that Noelle still steals the show.

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 30 Oct 2013 20:25

I really like your decorating style Trollbridge. Your cabin in in such a nice setting. In all the states I travel WI is in the top five. I really love Door County. The property up that way is a little to expensive.

Noelle is such a doll! I miss my daughter being that age.

MJW
# Posted: 30 Oct 2013 21:14

Stonework looks great but it is a job, isn't it?

I am glad that part of ours is over.

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 2 Nov 2013 09:56

Just checkin in! . Check!

trollbridge
# Posted: 3 Nov 2013 12:43

Thanks everyone

I am getting ready to head to the cabin for the next few days by myself. I've never been all by myself and I have the opportunity to go now (well, me,myself and I, plus little Noelle) I suddenly am wishing I had paid more attention to how things are done, but I can make a fire in the woodstove and I have a diagram of how to connect the generator.

Okay, I gotta keep getting ready. If I don't, I may talk myself out of going. I will have no internet, but if I survive, I will report back.

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 3 Nov 2013 16:23

Have fun! I really think it is a excellent idea to spend time at your cabin without any assistance from anyone. To really see if you can handle living there alone.

I have not done this in our cabin. I did go to our property before the cabin was built in 2002 while I was on medical leave. I tried to camp there in May but it was to cold and I had to stay in a rustic cabin with heat. It was nice and quiet and I returned home rested and ready to return to work.

naturelover66
# Posted: 3 Nov 2013 18:32

Hmmmm Did the husband piss you off ?

Have fun... be safe .

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 3 Nov 2013 22:25

Have a good time. It's going to be real quiet when Noelle sleeps.

trollbridge
# Posted: 9 Nov 2013 15:17 - Edited by: trollbridge

I have pictures from my trip up. It is something I will definitely do again just as soon as the next opportunity presents itself....in fact, I will make future arrangements to make that happen- maybe once a month even. It was wonderful being there. Having my time to do nothing. The cabin to me is like a very warm hug. I feel it wrapped around me, keeping me warm and secure, but most importantly, it is the mindset it provides. It frees my mind of the day to day stresses, allowing me to focus on deeper thoughts. I can think of nowhere I would rather be, than tucked quietly inside my beloved cabin...especially with winter coming and the snow beginning to fly!
DSCN3951.JPG
DSCN3951.JPG
DSCN3954.JPG
DSCN3954.JPG
DSCN3942.JPG
DSCN3942.JPG

trollbridge
# Posted: 9 Nov 2013 15:19 - Edited by: trollbridge

some more...
DSCN3966.JPG
DSCN3966.JPG
DSCN3967.JPG
DSCN3967.JPG
DSCN3964.JPG
DSCN3964.JPG
DSCN3965.JPG
DSCN3965.JPG

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 10 Nov 2013 21:26

I think you should do a book of cabin poems. I see you have the talent. Couple that with your pictures and we'd all buy a copy.
I'm glad you got the chance to enjoy. I did at mine too.

Owen

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 10 Nov 2013 21:34

Don't even tell me that is this years snow!? It's too early for snow.... Your cabin is beautiful....I had a brief chat with your mister the last few days!

trollbridge
# Posted: 11 Nov 2013 11:40 - Edited by: trollbridge

Quoting: OwenChristensen
I think you should do a book of cabin poems.

You've read my mind But I have maybe one poem in me ~ not a whole book! LOL

Maybe I will start writing soon. Last winter I began writing poetry as a challenge to myself and as a way to focus my thoughts. I haven't had the opportunity to write for the past few months, and I do really miss it. Thanks for the reminder to get back to it!

I'm glad you had the opportunity to enjoy your place, too!

trollbridge
# Posted: 11 Nov 2013 11:47

Quoting: Sustainusfarm
Don't even tell me that is this years snow!?

Yep, Dave! This years snow!
Woke up to the beauty of it Wednesday morning

Woke up this morning here at home with a dusting of flakes.....ya know it's coming, no denying it....dig out all your long john skivvies and felted slippers and ENJOY it!!!!

LDamm
# Posted: 11 Nov 2013 13:34

Quoting: trollbridge
I have pictures from my trip up

Love your cabin, and really love the way you write. My shed hugs me too

shotgun
# Posted: 14 Nov 2013 21:59

I think we all have a connection with our cabins in some way or another.
Got to tell u though I am in no way ready for winter we had 2 inches of snow here the other day , I can take it up till Xmas but after that I would prefer to go straight to spring.

trollbridge
# Posted: 15 Nov 2013 08:32

Quoting: LDamm
Love your cabin, and really love the way you write.

Thank you for both compliments I'm glad your shed hugs you, too....that you know what I mean by that
Quoting: shotgun
I think we all have a connection with our cabins in some way or another

I very much agree with that statement! I think it is inevitable after all the love and time we each pour into our happy places. It's like a big hug fest....we love and embrace our cabins and they show us the warmth and comfort of a hug in return. I always feel like my cabin is just as happy to see me, as I am to see it It's like "Hello cozy cabin... my, how I've missed being away from you!"

...and then there is the conversation we have when I am locking up to leave...I bet you all can relate. Saying goodbye is oh so hard to do Sniff!

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 17 Nov 2013 17:28 - Edited by: OwenChristensen

Most of us cabin builders put more labor into it than we do with our homes. Most don't build our homes. Most homes are made to match thy neighbors. Many cabins are original designs. There are many reasons for the deep connection to our cabins. How about that we go there when we have a break from work? That alone makes them relaxing and special.

shotgun
# Posted: 17 Nov 2013 21:08

Very well said Owen!

trollbridge
# Posted: 22 Nov 2013 09:39

I agree with that also, Owen. I know when with our cabin I said I wanted to make it very different than our home. We had much more fun being creative and not so "safe". It feels like a refuge to me. Home is comfortable and all, but it is where "life" happens. The cabin is where I can get away from life and find solace or just unwind.

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 23 Nov 2013 12:34

and you can be as politically incorrect as you want... Im tired of being politically correct all the time....at the cabin I can call myself whatever I want!

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 24 Nov 2013 17:30

Boy is that the fact. It's the only place I can totally relax. The funny thing is I can relax even when the work isn't done. Not at home, no way.

O

trollbridge
# Posted: 26 Nov 2013 18:03

Quoting: Sustainusfarm
and you can be as politically incorrect as you want... Im tired of being politically correct all the time....at the cabin I can call myself whatever I want!

hahahahahaha!!! That made me crack up!!!

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 26 Nov 2013 18:09

cabin looks great enjoyed your camp & family pic's!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving !!!

trollbridge
# Posted: 27 Nov 2013 14:46

Hey turkeyhunter

Hope you and yours are all well. I know, too, that Thanksgiving is special to you. I hope you get to spend time with all your family, especially those Grandboys

Don't eat too much...just enough to send you into a deep food coma

Bevis
# Posted: 29 Nov 2013 19:43

I had to go back and reread / look at pics again for the entire post. Hope you had a good thanksgiving.

trollbridge
# Posted: 30 Nov 2013 11:21

You too, Bevis!!! Maybe soon I will tell you about mine....

I am thinking of you going into this time of year. Keep your chin up

Try to relax...you really do work too hard

<< 1 ... 27 . 28 . 29 . 30 . 31 . 32 . 33 . 34 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.