Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Central Wisconsin Cabin Build
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . >>
Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 14 Jun 2013 22:48

Well....no well yet! Was supposed to go in this coming Monday...now it's Tuesday ....one of these days we shall have water....
I did buy an Ecotemp L5 tankless water heater today on Amazon...hot showers here I come!,

trollbridge
# Posted: 16 Jun 2013 01:01

I'm excited to hear what you think of the eco temp, Dave. Hope you get that well drilled soon

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 18 Jun 2013 15:10

The well is drilled!! Pic and video to follow when we get home!

trollbridge
# Posted: 18 Jun 2013 15:45

Congratulations!!!
I'll bring my T-shirt

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 19 Jun 2013 16:49

The well is drilled and the water is not flowing yet....hookup will be next week!
While the well was being done dad and I finished the ceiling of the porch with the sky blue beadboard....it looks great and hopefully the bees and hornets wont build their nests there anymore....
YYou are all invited to our first annual wet t-shirt contest with great prizes totally sponsored by Trollbridge!! So generous lets give them a round of appllause....
Here is a youtube link of the moment we hit water!!!
http://m.youtube.com/?reload=3&rdm=mombm16qq#/watch?v=iitBjxPIlFs
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Very little mess!
Very little mess!
Porch ceiling
Porch ceiling

trollbridge
# Posted: 19 Jun 2013 19:08

Lol...I better figure out those prizes hmmmm.....forming ideas....

KSalzwedel
# Posted: 19 Jun 2013 21:12

Congrats on the well, Sustainus!! Now for the required review of the eccotemp and the inwell system. Inquiring minds want to know

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 19 Jun 2013 22:33

Well done........lol

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 19 Jun 2013 23:00

thank you Owen!
I just received the ecotemp in the mail tonight! the well still needs to be hooked to the cabin yet, that will be next week...then for the reviews...

KSalzwedel
# Posted: 19 Jun 2013 23:29

Super

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 21 Jun 2013 09:29

Just received the ecotemp! I unpacked it and the
Shower nozzle was cracked... Made a call to ecotemp and
A new one was shipped that day!
image.jpg
image.jpg

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 21 Jun 2013 14:28

Well....I just got done trying the ecotemp out...not sure yet...it worked and heated the water to shower temp, but I had the water pressure knob turned to the lowest setting and the gas knob turned all the way up...so either my water temp is really cold (58 degrees)or this heater is not what I thought it would be?? Hmmmm...not sure on this yet as the well water temp at the cabin is going to be in the mid to upper 40's....

MJW
# Posted: 21 Jun 2013 15:22

Cangrats on the well. Having water feels good doesn't it?

Our water is super cold, too...and blue like the Caribbean...amazing.

Wet T shirt contest? Nice...

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 24 Jun 2013 13:33

We did a quick overnight to the cabin Saturday night to sunday...We had just gotten into the driveway and all unloaded and a huge roaring thunderstorm came through...wind, torrential downpours and thunder and lightening. Was a great night for sleeping with the windows open after the rain passed...in fact we slept in till 8am for the first time a long time! AHHHHH.... Sunday we went to get some plants, tomatoe, pepper and flowers to put in the garden....they usually die, hopefully this year with all the rain we will get some production out of them. It was a hot and humid one and nothing else got done except sitting on the porch with a wonderful breeze blowing and lots of piece and quiet!
Hopefully the well get hooked up to the house this week....more updates to come......

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 28 Jun 2013 08:46

The well is in, hooked up and the water is flowing out of the hose!! The water is a cold 52 degrees, hope that ecotemp can keep up?
Dad and I went up to the cabin to watch the guys dig the trench from the well casing to the side of the cabin where it will enter into the NEW bathroom... What a mess that was.... mountains of sand so tall I did not think it would all fit back in the trench when they were done...in the end it all fit!
With this set up the pressure tank is in the well casing about 10 feet below grade and the only thing in the cabin is a 2" pipe coming out of the floor about 16" tall with a bunch of fittings, a pressure guage and a pressure switch, very compact.... it will fit nicely under a bench seat i plan to build in the bathroom.
So the time came when all of a sudden water was coming out of the hose! It was fantastic, but our visit was cut short as I had to get back home to go to DRAG QUEEN BINGO! I know, I know...but it was fun!
Pics of some of the work are below....

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 28 Jun 2013 08:48

here are the pics....
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 28 Jun 2013 08:49

and a few more....
the mess in the cabin where the pipe came thru the floor
the mess in the cabin where the pipe came thru the floor
all done!
all done!

trollbridge
# Posted: 1 Jul 2013 22:09

Congratulations!

Nice to have water. I'm glad it all worked out for you. Now I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that the eco temp works out

Porch ceiling turned out nice, Dave.

Hey! you need to post a picture from DRAG QUEEN BINGO! Sounds like a great time! Did ya get bingo?

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 2 Jul 2013 12:40

No bingo ! But, I'm glad you replied...I thought no one was listening!
Here is a pic of drag queen Ruthie and her pencil guest that night, Milwaukee's very own comedian, John McGivern! They were both a hoot!
image.jpg
image.jpg

trollbridge
# Posted: 2 Jul 2013 16:25

LOL...that is awesome! Do you or Jason dress up as drag queens ever? I want pictures if you do! lol. It sounds like a great time, but too bad no bingo! maybe next time

Oh, and Dave, I'm always listening...you know that!
keep talking......

btw...what are you doing for the 4th? Didn't you go to the Yatch Club last year?

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 8 Jul 2013 00:29

TB....ummm...no....we have never dressed in drag! We are manly gays! Lol. We leave that s#%t to others! Haha

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 8 Jul 2013 00:48

So...we spent the 4th of July weekend at the cabin... Got the outside hose spigot hooked up and then.......wait for it..........

SHOWER TIME!!!

So, here is our "review" of the Ecotemp L5.

Did it work? YES.....it worked flawlessly! Jason was the first to try it out since I got to be at the cabin for the actual well drilling....our shower is outdoors in a nicely built cedar stall....he was actually moaning and yelling to me that he was never getting out! He is a tough one to please and he gave it a 10 out of 10! I was next and I delivered the same moans and threatened to not come out as well!

Was it easy to set up and use? Set up was a snap! You have to use the included pipe tape and rubber washers to keep it from leaking but, I would have done that anyways. Use was equally easy....it was nice to be able to get into the shower and hold the nozzle in your hand pointed away from you while you adjust the water temp. A 10 on this as well!

Was disconnecting and storage easy? Why yes it was! After turning off the water I just disconnected the hoses from both the propane tank and the hose, slung the shower nozzle and gas line over the top, carried it in with the built in handle and hung it on a nail in the cabin! Score: 10

It worked great with our input water about 50 degrees....I was easily able to get the temp hot enough to be to hot for the delicate body parts...if you know what I mean?!

Here are a few pics....BEWARE I have no clothes on in one of these pics!
The view skyward
The view skyward
THE VIEW!
THE VIEW!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 8 Jul 2013 00:51

Big score! I was showing home to some buyers of mine and in the house were these two great all leather recliners! I talked to the owner of the house and he sold them to me ! Both for only $200! They are a dark navy blue so I plan on restaining them to a dark brown using a water based leather stain!

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 8 Jul 2013 00:52

Here are the new chairs....
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 8 Jul 2013 00:57

And some final pics of what "well" parts are in the cabin....as you recall I had the "In Well" pressure tank put right into the well casing which eliminates any other tanks in the cabin.....it works so quietly! Pressure is out of this world!!! I am very happy so far!
This is about 16" wide at the top and 16" tall ...my foot for scale...
This is about 16" wide at the top and 16" tall ...my foot for scale...
image.jpg
image.jpg

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 8 Jul 2013 07:17

Nice, Looks like a nice system.

hattie
# Posted: 8 Jul 2013 13:18

Those recliners are a real score!!! I had no idea you could restain leather....Would love to see pictures of it after you are all done!!

trollbridge
# Posted: 9 Jul 2013 13:02

Dave, you always make me smile
You need to hook my daughter up with a friend (a girly girl). She is having trouble meeting the her type over here in "the sticks"!

I'm so happy to read your review of the ecotemp and so happy both you and Jason are pleased with it. I have a question. How would you rate the water pressure? That is my concern. I need pretty good pressure to wash and rinse my thick hair, with some little sprinkles I would be standing there all day. I don't need it to blast me down the drain, but a good pressure would be desired.

I loved your description of your first showers! I would imagine it is wonderful after all those years. I also can't wait...especially on the hot, humid days it would be so awesome!

trollbridge
# Posted: 9 Jul 2013 13:04

oh yeah...and leather chairs are fantastic! I never thought of staining them either. Like Hattie, I wanna see pics when they're done

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 10 Jul 2013 08:11

TB...yes the water pressure was absolutely up to Jason's standards as he is the one that would have complained...we had the water pressure on the Ecotemp turned as low as it would go as well......in fact, when we got home he took a shower the following morning before work and he said that he water pressure at the cabin was better than home!!

A girly girl huh....How old is your daughter?

Hattie and TB...The leather chairs will look fantastic when they are done....I looked on Pinterest for "restained leather chair" and up came a tutorial and pics! Youtube has a bunch of videos as well...
These chairs are super comfy too!

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.