Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / About my small cabin near Moscow, Russia.
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . >>
bronco_ed
# Posted: 21 Apr 2013 17:36

Nice cabin, if you did not tell us you were from Russia I doubt we would ever know. Landscape does not look too much different except for the truck and license plate.

Thank you for posting!

a_pyrkin
# Posted: 23 Apr 2013 01:51

Thanks

a_pyrkin
# Posted: 30 Apr 2013 03:58

Hi!
Last weekend my wife and me were in cabin. It seems to unbelievable, but snow has melted almost completely. I watched some snow only in forest. But there was a lot of water after melted snow.
After small offroading.
After small offroading.
Creek
Creek
Dog looks for snow
Dog looks for snow
A lots of water
A lots of water

a_pyrkin
# Posted: 22 May 2013 09:26

Last weekend I installed solar batteries in my cabin.
And it was the first weekend with electricity, but without generator
Sorry, but cabin must be repainted. Hope it was the last case, when I supported "domestic producer" of paints
solar panels
solar panels
solar panels
solar panels

trollbridge
# Posted: 22 May 2013 13:23

Looks like spring finally arrived for you, too

Your solar panels look good...how very exciting!

old old buddy
# Posted: 23 May 2013 07:35

It's looking goodAndrey! I hope your solar panels work out well for you. Will you paint the cabin the same color? It's very pretty the color it is. Old Old Buddy

a_pyrkin
# Posted: 30 May 2013 16:06

Great thanks
The operation of solar panels until satisfied. Hope it will work properly.
My wife and i wants to repaint ours cabin in same or similar color.
But paints will be from another manufacturer.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 30 May 2013 22:39

That paint gives it the "aged look", the cabin has petina now.

a_pyrkin
# Posted: 31 May 2013 06:44

Alas, it only looks like "aged look".
Really, it's just a poor quality paint
Hope not to make similar mistake with in selection of manufacturer again.

trollbridge
# Posted: 31 May 2013 13:50

The same color would be beautiful

a_pyrkin
# Posted: 17 Jun 2013 08:14

Last weekend was made a small upgrade of face.
My wife photographed her flowers. One pics with mosquito
face
face
mosquito
mosquito

rayyy
# Posted: 17 Jun 2013 19:11

Look's great,Andrey.(your cabin and your wifes flowers not the mosquito!lol)

yurisan
# Posted: 10 Jul 2013 22:28

вопросы есть. как доехать до дачы? по электричке? туалет на улице? сколько метров участок?

a_pyrkin
# Posted: 12 Jul 2013 00:54

yurisan
Sorry but why do You need this information?

jrbarnard
# Posted: 12 Jul 2013 06:55

I think if you look in his pictures, he answered most the questions anyway.

Pyrkin, most folks are curious and always ask about how much land people have etc, nothing major there.

I love looking at your cabin, btw. It may be that it needs a paint job, but, to me, I love the "rustic" look of that paint.. heh. My wife was just looking at the pictures and it is amazing how one could never tell that your cabin was not down the road from us ;)

Keep posting the pics and telling us about your adventures!;)

Russ

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 12 Jul 2013 09:04

Your lots of water picture looks just like my place in Minnesota.
beaver trouble
beaver trouble

a_pyrkin
# Posted: 12 Jul 2013 09:10

jrbarnard
Thanks, Russ
My wife and I will go to our cabin this weekend.
After this i'll post new pics.
I'm pleasure to answer on any question, but I not use Russian, being on non Russian forum.

a_pyrkin
# Posted: 12 Jul 2013 09:26

OwenChristensen
Indeed so

yurisan
# Posted: 12 Jul 2013 13:55

You misunderstand me. Does this great Russian tradition of taking the electric train on Friday afternoon laden with tools, construction materials, the family dog or cat, crowded in with others, all headed to their dachas? I loved my time living in Mother Russia, <Родина>, and I loved the little light bulb that kept the outhouse a bit less cold when it was minus 20 celsius. I loved that we kept a warm robe and boots near the door for those trips to the outhouse. You say that this is a non-Russian forum, and that is true, but in this 21st century world of Google Translate, many prefer a bit of local language is really meaning to say.

a_pyrkin
# Posted: 12 Jul 2013 14:32

yurisan
Great sorry
Are You born in Russia? You live in United States now?
I try to build my cabin not similar to classic Russian summer cottage with outhouse in plain sight. I try to build it more civilized.

yurisan
# Posted: 12 Jul 2013 16:51

Yes, I was born in Russia, but am American citizen now. It is interesting that you are building in a more civilized style over there, while I am starting a classic Russian summer cottage here, complete with outhouse and Russian banya. I have seen many well-made, modern-style cottages in Russia, and would probably build that way over there, but here I want to keep a tradition alive. But, I must say that hauling water every day from the community well with 2 buckets over your shoulder like an ox, is no fun. I did plenty of that, filling barrels for my mother to water the garden.

a_pyrkin
# Posted: 25 Jul 2013 08:46

I also plan to build a sauna. But the toilet in the street - one does not want
Especially in the cold winter

old old buddy
# Posted: 25 Jul 2013 21:23

Andrey-I just finished an e-mail to you. Not much going on this summer. We started to paint the cabin and still haven't finished that. We did stay in the cabin when it was in the 80's F.

My generator and air conditioner took care of that

I haven't seen any pictures on your forum lately. How about some new ones? I'll post more pics when we finish painting the cabin. We have a lot of downed trees to cut up but we'll wait for winter before tackling that job! Nothing like cutting up trees with the chain-saw in the winter

Old Old Buddy

old old buddy
# Posted: 25 Aug 2013 21:56

old old buddy
Andrey-
No e-mails or posts on the forum. What's going on?

Old Old Buddy

rayyy
# Posted: 26 Aug 2013 16:25 - Edited by: rayyy

Yahhh,,,what's new with you,Andrey?any new projects out at your cabin?We have had a pretty good summer here in the north east U.S.Except for the fires burning out west.I got my porch built and now I plan to get a fresh coat of stain on everything befor winter.Linseed oil stain,,,smells pretty bad for a couple of weeks but oh does it work good!

stickbowcrafter
# Posted: 27 Aug 2013 06:33

Welcome. Looks like a great place. I enjoyed your pictures and story.

-Brian

a_pyrkin
# Posted: 19 Oct 2013 01:34

Hi, friends
Within 2 months I couldn't get to my cabin. My dog ​​got sick and I could not take it with me. Now, thank God, she began to feel better and we managed to take her to the cabin last weekend. We spent a good time.
We relax
We relax
We relax
We relax
Cabin was partially repainted
Cabin was partially repainted

SandyR
# Posted: 19 Oct 2013 20:40

A Parkin I really enjoyed reading all the pages on this thread and got a real kick out of the members asking you all the questions about your differences. I am a big dog lover and also have a black lab. My dog means as much to me as the rest of the members in my family for sure. I am sorry to hear that she sick. I hope that she continues to get better.

Rayyyy, where do you live? There have been other times that you have mentioned something that makes me think you are close to me. In this thread you mentioned the blizzard of 77. I lived in Buffalo at that time and we were buried for almost 2 weeks. We also had a more mild blizzard in 86. Now our main house is in East Aurora NY, about 20 minutes south of Buffalo.

rayyy
# Posted: 20 Oct 2013 07:59

Sandy ,I'm in Batavia.Andrey,one of my co-workers has been coming out to my place just to enjoy being out in the country and to get away from the city once in a while.He has helped me knock off many additional projects this summer all in trade for saddeling up the horses and going for a ride.Not a bad deal at all!

a_pyrkin
# Posted: 22 Oct 2013 09:19

Thanks, guys. Some time ago my lab could not stand up without my help. Now she can walk slowly. Only the third veterinarian appointed adequate treatment
I couldn't help but post the pics of last weekend
Saturday morning
Saturday morning
Saturday morning
Saturday morning

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.