Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Our Log Cabin
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 .
Old and Slow
# Posted: 21 Dec 2018 19:51

I assume you are now living in the cabin during cold weather. Do you have problems with condensation?

It really looks great. Much better than the one log we lived in-a 50 year old barn with an apartment of sorts in the hayloft. No daubing.

The days are getting longer-the days are getting longer keep saying it.

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 13 Oct 2019 12:45 - Edited by: silverwaterlady

We have finally finished the outside of our cabin.
Ran out of stain for the bottom.

The shower, had to add leftover batten because over time the boards shrank. It should gray nicely over the next few years. Added a port hole so I have a lake view while bathing.

We were very busy this year. Worked every day of the four months. Hard work but totally different than city work.

On weekends we cleared old logging trails and deer trails. I’m feeling much healthier and stronger. I didn’t purchase my chain saw for the cabin for myself, used my hand saw for the small work and my husband cut the large stuff with his chain saw.
I noticed a birch tree dying here in our yard so it’s time. I’m going to purchase my saw and cut that tree down with all my safety equipment and my husbands guidance.
Before stain
Before stain
After stain
After stain
Port hole tub
Port hole tub
View from tub
View from tub

naturelover66
# Posted: 13 Oct 2019 20:45

Wow...its beautiful. Love the port hole ! Good luck with the tree silverwaterlady.

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.